cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You Plusnet

michellereid
Grafter

Thank You Plusnet

People are always quick to complain and never quick enough to praise.
In the 3 years I've been in my flat I've never had a active phone line. For 6 months I've been using a 3 wireless dongle, but have always found it slow and unpredictable. So I decided to get myself a real broadband connection.
I ordered both the Plusnet home phone and broadband value package (which only costs a few pounds more then the £15 a month I was paying 3mobile) at 10pm 16th February and at 9am the very next morning I had a text message from Plusnet saying my phone service will be activated that very day and included was my new phone number. I went out and bought myself a new phone and by the time I got home at 11am my line was working.
Now I was expecting British Telecom to come out mess with my phone line or those green cabinets on my street.
So thank you Plusnet and/or BT for activating my line in less then 12 hours. How did you manage to do it?
Now I just have to wait til 26th February for my broadband to be activated. My partner has given me a router which we have connected to the phone line and at the moment the ADSL light is flashing. I believe this is normal until broadband is activated and then it should stay lit.
Just out of interest is it normal for lines to be activated earlier then planned.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Thank You Plusnet

Thank you very much for the positive feedback Smiley
With regard to the broadband order, these are sometimes completed ahead of schedule but I wouldn't like to say it's the norm, though by keeping the router in the master socket you're doing the right thing - as soon as the ADSL light stays lit solidly the service is on the line. That's not to say the order is complete and the account active so you may not be able to connect, but if you let us know then we can activate the account early if you like.
A couple of things to be aware of if we do; one is that we can't raise any faults until the order is closed as complete and also you'll start paying for the service as soon as the account is active. If you're happy with that then we'll gladly activate the account for you.
Hope that helps,
mollytwo83
Dabbler

Re: Thank You Plusnet

I have been with P/N for a year now and yes everything was set up quickly and efficently with the minimum of disruption when i changed my ISP and i am the first to thank them for that but its when things go wrong that problems arise  and the length of time getting it solved as with my phone line now day 16 and on going although Matt bless him has been on the case all the way through so thankyou to Matt