cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible line noise and frquent internet loss!

Fr3ddy

Terrible line noise and frquent internet loss!

Hi all,
I came back from work on Thursday afternoon, and found my internet was down. Didn't think much of it. Then my mother rings me up on my mobile and tells me phone is making strange noises. So test the phone and the line noise is horrendous. So much so, that I can't hear a word on it from anyone who rings me. And the net is going down all the time and that has caused the main phone exchange to throttle my speed. Down from 18Mbs to 5Mbs. And it will probably go even lower. I tried phoning the help desk bia my mobile, but that was a waste of time. And when I used my mother's phone, I was on hold for ages, that I gave up in the end. So I'm trying on here to get help.
One more thing, my day job is computer tech support, and so whoever see's this? My network and all filters are working fine.
So please can someone from Plusnet test the line and then get a BT Openreach engineer out to fix the problem? As it isn't my end that is causing this.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Terrible line noise and frquent internet loss!

You need to log the fault: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fr3ddy

Thx for the link. It failed to complete the check. Now using my mobile to contact the tech support, unfortunately now in a cue. With a wait time of 45 minutes Sad
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There may be a ticket raised at http://contactus.plus.net If so what is the status of it?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)