Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Charges

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Termination Charges

Hi
I am set to move over to your anytime+ package on the 1st Feb.  Had a letter from BT regards the cancellation of the telephony services, and it mentions that I may be liable for termination charges. Has anyone any idea what these are, and may I be liable for them??? Been with BT for ages, so cant see what if any I may be liable for.
Thanks
Chris
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Termination Charges

Hi Chris,
I imagine it's just a 30 day notice period or similar.  If you've been with BT for over a year then you won't incur any early termination charges so I'd guess it's just the standard notice period.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for the quick reply james.  Looking forward to joining on the 1st
Rgrds
prichardson
Grafter

You would be best speaking to BT about this as it depends on what products you have from them.
BT contracts are either 12 or 18 months depending on the product and the spend you intend to make with it, or the level of up-front charges applied.
If you have taken any service, upgraded anything or made queries about alternate products in the last 18 months, my advice would be to call them and ask what products are on your line, which if any are still under minimum contract and what if any termination will apply if they are.
They may not be able to be exact, as these are often not calculated until you actually leave. They should however be aware of their own calculation policies and by able to make an educated guess.
My understanding is that this is a standard "sorry to hear you are leaving us" letter, which applies to customers both side of the contract fence.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

AFAIK, I just have the phone with them, and the free caller display. The letter says, the services I have with them are....
BT Together option 1, the 6p plan.
Free Caller Display
PAYMENT CARD.  (not sure what the hell this is!!!)
Any ideas?
prichardson
Grafter

Did you ever choose to pay over the counter at the post office or using a PayPoint terminal?
For some reason, BT treat this as a service, but this should not have any impact at all.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Never, always pay online, every quarter. Never trusted BT with a DD, as they change it willy nilly, or did in my experience. From whats been said, appears that I will have no charges, except what I owe on calls, and line rental.
Thanks for the help