cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line quiet / faint

la7
Dabbler

Telephone line quiet / faint

My telephone line is quiet / faint my telephone and broadband came over to plusnet yesterday but now I find my telephone line a bit quiet i have tried different telephones and it is still the same I did a google search on it and it comes back as the gain on the line needs to be changed at the exchange as i have a long line can plus net do this for me?, Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Dmitchell
Grafter

Re: Telephone line quiet / faint

Hey la7.
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened so soon after joining us. You are correct in saying that this will be due to the length of your line. We'll be able to send an engineer to do this for you.
Would you mind running through the questions here to get that sorted?
Let us know if you have any other queries.
la7
Dabbler

Hi yes I got half way though the questions and it says the telephone line is fine and the questions are related to broadband i have not got a broadband fault just the again on the line needs to incressed at the exchange many thanks
jim:quote]
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just one final check and then we can raise a quiet line fault for you - you say you've tested different phones, were these tested from the test socket with nothing else plugged into the line?
la7
Dabbler

Hi tested it in the test socket with and without broadband filter and the line is still quiet there is no noise on the line the line is just quiet,
Many thanks
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, testing has found a fault but an engineer visit is required - any chance you could advise when you'd be available? Available time slots are on weekdays either in the morning between 8am and 1pm or in the afternoon between 1pm and 6pm. Currently nothing booked in so if you want it to happen tomorrow that's possible Smiley
Please let me know as soon as possible and I'll get it booked, thanks.
la7
Dabbler

Hi thanks I can not do tomorrow but can do Thursday 8am-1pm also is the fault shown at my home or on the Openreach side of the network? Many Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The test results did say so, yes, but as you've tested from the test socket you've proved it's a line issue. The engineer will want to test the line but most likely the fault will actually be outside the premises somewhere which should be picked up by the testing.
I've updated the ticket for you, the fault is raised and appointment booked in for Thursday morning.
la7
Dabbler

Hi there openreach have been out but i was not at home I got mixed up with the appointment time and thought it was a PM appointment the engineer phoned me and tested the bt box on the wall outside my house and said the fault was in my house and asked me to contact plusnet to rearrage  the appointment asap so can plus net please do that for me thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sure, when should we rearrange it for? Any weekday either in the morning between 8am and 1pm or in the afternoon between 1pm and 6pm. Bear in mind unfortunately it's very likely you'll be charged for that missed appointment as per the notes in the ticket.
la7
Dabbler

Why would I be charge for it I was not told about any charges before the appointment was arrange all communication was through this thread?.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If we didn't advise you of the possibility of a charge for the missed appointment then we won't pass it on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clairebear

hi does any body know if there is a fault with the phone line in M30 because my line as no dial tone and iv checked all connections etc all fine but no dial tone and when i try to ring it from my mobile its ringing but not my handset is not Huh can any one help please ?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi clairebear,
I can see we've logged a fault with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated regarding this.