cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone line not working

Andrew7076

Telephone line not working

Just had fibre optic b/b put in  They changed the master socket in the house but my wife forget to mention we have got another fixed line phone and socket up stairs in the office  just a extension really but this phone no longer works  , is it a simple problem which I could fix  or do I need to get a expert in Huh
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew7076

Re: Telephone line not working

Had plus net fibre optic  BB fitted last week when I wasn't in , the engineer changed the master socket  and looked at the other sockets down stairs but my wife forget to mention the other fixed socket upstairs in the spare bedroom/office  hence now the fixed line telephone  up there now doesn't work is there anything I can do to put this right or do I need to get a engineer in???
CX
Grafter

Was the entire master socket replaced? The standard install of fitting an interstitial filter (the part which sits in between the back piece with the logo and the lower front piece with the socket) on the existing socket should not affect any extension wiring connected to it (save for a cable getting accidentally pulled out).
Does it not work at all, or does it simply not ring?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

If it was completely replaced which sounds like it was the case, it would then need connecting up-to the new master socket. But as CX has just mentioned is it not working at all or is it just not ringing?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

topics merged
Andrew7076

The socket  upstairs does not work at all no dial tone