Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone / Phone Line problem

FIXED
Matt72
Grafter

Telephone / Phone Line problem

Hi,

Just curious as to what my problem might be, as of perhaps last week, when the phone rings, the caller id does not work and on picking it up there is silence.

I cannot hear a ring tone when picking up the handset from scratch but a faint zzzzzzeeeee stuck sound. The broadband is unaffected.

The phone is an old Panasonic dect wireless jobby for which I have replaced batteries a few times, but with which the internal calling between handsets still works.

Unfortunately I only have the one phone and this cannot think of how to test the line, is there some way that I can?

Being deaf I would not bother buy a new phone but have to for an elderly family relative to call me each week and it has to be a fairly expensive one!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Maatt
9 REPLIES 9
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Telephone / Phone Line problem

Perhaps borrow a neighbour's phone temporarily; plug in and see if you get same sounds as on your Panasonic.
If so report line fault using link below.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Matt72, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the delay in picking up your post!

I'm really sorry you're having some issues with your landline and for the disruption this is causing you, I'd like to help get this sorted for you Smiley

I have tested your line and it has detected an external phone fault. I've got this raised to our suppliers and can expect a further update within the next 24-48 hours; I'll keep you updated on the ticket I have created here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223143395 and have taken ownership of this for you.

As you have mentioned being hearing impaired, I would advise filling out our additional support form here:  https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=additionalsupport so we can ensure to best support you going forward Smiley

I'm really sorry for the problems caused in the meantime whilst we get your landline sorted. If you have any queries in the meantime, you can get back to me on here or via the ticket linked above.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Matt72
Grafter

Thank you, I have had contact from a plusnet colleague who is arranging an openreach engineer.

The additional support is very good, I have updated accordingly.

Thank you @LaurenB for speedy response.

Matt
Matt72
Grafter

Thank you for suggestion, unfortunately I don't really know my neighbours well enough.

Regards,

Matt
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for filling out the additional support Smiley

I've just  had a quick check on the fault and it is still with our suppliers. I will have a check back on this again tomorrow for the latest update for you!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Matt72, I've been informed by our suppliers that an engineer is currently working on the fault and that we can expect a further update by the end of the day. My shift does end soon and so I will have a check back up on this tomorrow for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Good MOrning @Matt72

I have checked on your fault this morning and can see that the fault was cleared yesterday evening (not long after my shift ended!) and our suppliers advising this is resolved. 

How do things seem your side?

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Matt72
Grafter

Thank you @LaurenB for the very prompt repairs.

I can hear a dial tone now so it seems the issue has been fixed.

Very grateful for the efficient service!!!

Matt
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really pleased it's sorted for you Matt Smiley

Should you ever need any further support please don't hesitate to get back to me!

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team