Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Number "cannot be retained?"

brandnewcustome
Dabbler

Telephone Number "cannot be retained?"

Hi,
I signed up to Plusnet only on Thursday last week  - however, I noticed yesterday quite by chance in the Help Section under Questions (as I hadn't been informed by email) that it would appear although I am on a full LLU line Plusnet have stated my telephone number "cannot be retained".  No one so far has come back to me as to why this should be?  Although I am moving away from Talk Talk I can confirm my landline number was allocated to me by BT and was originally a BT telephone line. When I was previously with AOL and Tiscali this has never been an issue.
Unfortunately, the telephone number must not be changed for various reasons and therefore if my home number cannot be retained I am afraid I will not be able to transfer to Plusnet.
Can someone from Plusnet get back to me asap please as I don't want my order to progress until this issue is sorted out.
Not a good start really is it... Undecided
Thanks for your help.
BNC
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Telephone Number "cannot be retained?"

You'll have to ring in - Plusnet staff are not officially around on these forums over the weekend or on bank holidays so you'd be very lucky if one saw your post before Tuesday.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

unfortunately it is a known problem with TT, as soon as they get a sniff that you are moving they cancel your line and it cant be recovered, they are not supposed to do this and it is one of many complaints that Ofocom has fined TT with in the last year, the fines are in  the millions
brandnewcustome
Dabbler

Thanks for the info/help you guys.
I will wait until Tuesday to hear from Plusnet on here - if PN bear out what has been stated (and believe me I wouldn't put it past Talk Talk - they are truly dreadful!) I will get onto TT straight away.
Regards,
BNC
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Just been reading an arrticle in the current Computer active magazine about this - specifically Supanet - who pull this stunt pointing out that it is against OFCOM rules, that thay are not allowed to cut you off when you ask for a MAC, they have to wait until transfer and that you should complain to OFCOM  www.snipca.com/X3221
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BNC,
I've just been speaking with one of our provisioning agents and it seems you can retain the number. He will update the ticket with confirmation shortly.
Jojo Smiley
brandnewcustome
Dabbler

Hi Joanne,
Thank you so much (and to Dan who did update my ticket) - phew what a relief - I do appreciate you both going to so much trouble.  To be honest I am so used to the way Talk Talk deal with things (if anyone is considering it - don't do it as they are a nightmare!)  it makes a refreshing change to have this level of help!
I have received my Go Live date too - so therefore so far so good.
I am keeping everying crossed!  Smiley
Thanks again,
BNC
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's no trouble, just glad to have helped Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This is the support team that goes that extra mile and we are grateful for it Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine