cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Fault

Snufflewort
Dabbler

Telephone Fault

I have had a telephone fault for the last seven days and trying to get a resolution has been a nightmare. I would hold on the phone, but it isn't working, so have to queue on chat for an hour! Despite 3 Openreach engineer visits (one fixes my line, but breaks the neighbour's, the next fixes my neighbour's and breaks mine, etc.) I am at my wits end! I know it is Openreach that is the problem, but having my question put on hold for 7 days waiting for me to tell them what they already know is really frustrating.

There is no escalation procedure and when asking on chat was told that getting a manager involved wouldn't help because they have so many problems to fix!!!

If I could find a service provider that doesn't use BT Openreach, I would move in a heart beat. Unfortunately, there are no alterative where I live and that is why the service is so bad.

6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Telephone Fault

Hi there,

Just a heads up that I've asked our mods to split this comment into it's own thread.

I'm really sorry for the length of time it's taking to get your issue resolved. You're probably aware, but Openreach are still in the process or looking at your fault. We've been asked to check back on the 2nd. I'm keeping an eye on this thread so we'll stay on top of things.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
bambie

Having had to watch my poor husband try to follow the online "help" for the loss of the land line phone, I am at my wits end as to what to do.  He has done the online chat to no avail and as for hanging on our pay as you go mobile phone for the 15 mins., suggested waiting time... not an option!! As we are both disabled for all sorts of reasons we NEED our land line phone. My question is this.... and I do hope that someone can help me.... how can we get an engineer out to sort out the problem??? 

I am really upset with how "things" have changed at Plusnet. We have been with them since our first computer and when we have had previous problems, there was always someone we could talk to.... within minutes!! 

HELP....... PLEASE!!! 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

The good news is that calls to 0800 numbers are free, even on payg mobiles. So though you may need to wait, at least it's not costing you anything, other than your time ( and the leccy to recharge the phone! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Snufflewort
Dabbler

Hi Matty,

Thanks for keeping on top of it, but it is now 3rd December 19:20 and still no working phone line.

I am seriously considering moving provider at this time,

Snufflewort

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Really sorry to hear that the issue isn't fixed yet.

We're at a stage where our suppliers want to send another engineer to your property. If you could respond to the ticket here, we'll aim to get someone out to you ASAP.

Let me know if there's anything further we can do to help from our side.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Snufflewort
Dabbler

Matty,

I see no point an engineer coming to my home as the fault is in the cabinet outside the exchange!! This is wasting time. Nothing has change at my property since before and after the fault. Some negligent engineer rerouted my phone line and that is what started this whole thing,

However, I am available today, Thursday and Friday, and Monday next week, but if I have to wait that long, you will probably lose my business.

Also, please do not update the question and wait for a response. Call me on my mobile for a quicker response!