cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telecare 24 calls to elderly mother.

Larry1

Telecare 24 calls to elderly mother.

I have paid for a falls bracket and pendent from Telecare 24 for my elderly mother.

When I checked through her phone bill I have noticed that she is being charged for each call from Telecare not only whenever she has a fall but seemingly at random times of the day, in September alone she has had more than 18 calls from the firm all being charged to her. Although I am currently having talks with Telecare regarding why she is being contacted so often is there any way that this number can be added to an emergency list or friends and family as some other providers do in order to stop her being charged all the time. She has Dementia and is a falls risk hence the need for the support and has been advised to test the line to the care team every month or so and I am unwilling to tell her to stop, if she is pressing it more often than she should,  as she will not call for help even if she needs it afraid of spiraling costs.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Telecare 24 calls to elderly mother.

do you have the anytime call package for her? I'd have thought that the calls would fall under the inclusive calls in such a package.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Larry1

Yes she does but according to Telecare they have to use a non-geographic number which obviously is not included in the anytime package.

dvorak

03*, 0845 and 0870 are all in the plan - so they must be using a premium number to charge extra on top of the plan.
Can't imagine these charges been waived Sad
Customer / Moderator
Larry1

Sorry my mistake it is a 0844 number not 0845.

Larry1

Are 0844 numbers not included ?Huh

dvorak

No, all numbers starting 01,02 and 03 plus 0845 and 0870 - see https://www.plus.net/broadband/extras/call-plans/

0844 has an access charge set by the supplier and a calling cost set by the company. see https://www.bt.com/help/landline/what-are-0844-numbers-
Customer / Moderator