cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk to Plusnet - now disconnected with no new service date

dontpanic
Dabbler

Re: TalkTalk to Plusnet - now disconnected with no new service date

I do think plusnet cust services are good - at least they are  in the UK (though they still seem to have a lot of foreign operators) rather than India. TT cust svc was hopeless and I found  the members forum was the best place to get help. With PN I like the fact that you can see your questions/tickets on the help page and I do think plusnet is more transparent than TT. Having said that I wish they would get their ordering process more joined up. Have just gone to look up namesco dial-up internet details - didn't think I'd need to do that again in a hurry but better a slow connection than none at all. Hopefully next week I'll be able to report a stable broadband connection...
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: dontpanic
I do think plusnet cust services are good - at least they are  in the UK (though they still seem to have a lot of foreign operators) rather than India.

Not ALL Plusnet customer services are in the UK. Some are in South Africa.
Lynda
Grafter

Thankyou for all your responses......it does sound like Customer Service is much better than at TT. I always used the forums there rather than bother phoning but had to phone to cancel. I've called again to check it's going through and I was assured it is.
I will end up having downtime though because my cancellation date is 14th October and it's looking like Plusnet won't have me all sorted by then. As long as it doesn't run into 10 weeks I won't mind.....2 weeks I should manage !
Cheers, Lynda X
Embarrassed
dontpanic
Dabbler

Had a text from Plusnet at the weekend - they expect my broadband order to complete on Friday 15th Oct. Initial experience from the PN phone line is that it is far clearer than the TT one was. There was a bit of crackle at one point but it was fine over the weekend. TT phone noise was frequently really bad. 
Meanwhile I recommend for those likely to be left without a broadband service for a while - check out local cafes where you can get free wifi  Smiley
dontpanic
Dabbler

Bit of extra info - I got an email saying they were billing me £44.99 for initial payment which I thought might be down to moving me from TT. However I was able to view the bill in the member centre and realised they were charging me for the router/delivery  (which should have been free as I took the 12 month contract) and anyway I'd already paid delivery.  Rang cust services who were most helpful, said it shouldn't have been charged and will refund me. So do look at your bills and what you are paying for - as I mentioned previously PN are definitely more transparent and seem quick to fix if you spot an issue. I also noted on the order tracker page it said 16th Oct after midday for my broadband so we'll see what happens.
Lynda
Grafter

Thankyou very much indeed for the advice. I'm the same deal as you-12 months with the £4.99 router delivery charge is all but I'll keep an eye out. They didn't actually take the £49.99, did they ? That would put me in an awful mess !! Good to hear you resolved it fast.
Cheers,
Lynda X
Huh
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If they do take the money and then refund it there is precedent for Plusnet refunding you all costs you incur as a result (including charges for going overdrawn).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lynda
Grafter

That's good to know as I don't have a spare £50 knocking around in my account !!
Cheers, Jelv.
Lynda X
Embarrassed
sassy62
Grafter

DONT PANIC...
I had to read your original post twice to check that I hadnt actually written it myself!..I sympathise with you plight but I have to say you have got off lightly (apart from being cut off completely)
My story...virtually the same, one major difference, I have been waiting since July to transfer..
Yes..JULY!!!..you read it correctly
I was initially a plusnet customer, and a very happy one I have to say...I reluctantly had to leave plusnet as they (or anyone else) could match the £16.48 per month deal that Talktalk were offering...the closest they could get to it was around 33 odd quid...so I felt obliged to move on...
After three weeks of dropped connection (that's when we managed to get a connection at all) I had had enough  and cut my loses, tail between my legs I returned to plusnet..who in all fairness were fine about it and welcomed me back..with a few offers thrown in...it should have been a reasonably straightforward transfer..I was told it could take up to 3 ish weeks....I think they meant months!!...its now mid Oct and still nothing is happening...I spoke to Talktalk tonight who have stated that no approach has been made to them by PN with regards to transferring back...they even denied that I rang them before my trial period was up to confirm cancellation
I dont believe this for one minute...but I am now more or less at the point where I think I am going to have to stick with Talktalk...and ride out their appaling service for the remained of the contract and then try and change over again
Good comms from plusnet, they had kept me informed of what is happening or rather what ISN'T happening...But this is now turning into a farce and it appears there is nothing that can be done...this has dragged on for so long there is also the possibility of having to lose our phone number...(not an option)
I have written to offcom but I feel that it is worthless...I dont care about complaining...all I want is a broadband and home phone service...
Strange thing...I have been receiving emails (even though I cant send any) on my old PN addy via outlook express..and the welcome page on the site has a message saying welcome to plusnet your order i being processed etc etc...
SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY WRONG HERE.........
AND I AM NOW GETTING SERIOUSLY FED UP WITH WAITING...I HOPE THERE IS SOMETHING MORE ON THE TABLE FROM PLUSNET AS RECOMPENSE FOR THIS...(even though it may not be their fault, they are a good company I have no doubts about that)

Lynda
Grafter

Blimey !! I hope you're sorted soon...my nightmare ran from mid-January to mid-April pretty much so around the same time right now. That was a record-actual downtime was 10 weeks. The aggravation caused by trying to figure who's right and who's wrong and where the hold up was drove me to distraction...
Today TT sent me my new pay-in-advance bill even though after contacting them in a fury they assured me they were well aware I had cancelled............hmmmmm-THAT aware they sent me a new bill.
How did you manage to escape their clutches after only 3 weeks ? I had to ride out a very long 18 months at their mercy. If they dick around with this transfer I'll be bloody livid !!
I think I picked the right week to register as now Plusnet are advertising all over and will probably have lots of new subscribers.
Let's have a race to see who's up 'n' running first-you, Peckham Pouncer, Don't Panic or myself !! Just for 'fun' !!

Cheers, Lynda X
Undecided
sassy62
Grafter

Hi Lynda..
Its comforting to know Im not the only one then...but as you and 'dont panic' robably know..it certainly feels like like your own your own..that said I cant fault the guy who has been working on this for me..I just get the feeling the problem is bigger than he, me, or Plusnet as a whole.
The aggravation caused by trying to figure who's right and who's wrong and where the hold up was drove me to distraction...

Exactly how I feel..more so now that TT have denied any knowledge of contact from Plusnet or myself...allthough I was warned this might happen as they appear to have a bit of a 'track record'
How did you manage to escape their clutches after only 3 weeks ? I had to ride out a very long 18 months at their mercy. If they dick around with this transfer I'll be bloody livid !!

Put it down to 'cockney charm'...lol..nah..I was within my trail period of 30 days..We initially had grief setting the router etc up and what channel we should use...the channel depended on who you spoke to on the day on their 'help' line...then we had a very weak signal, the Mps dropped from 2.5 down to 1.5 (downhill with a tailwind) I questioned the power of their router..they said it was very powerful...but I should have used their own adapter or one from Netgear as they dont support Belkin...I'm considering this at the moment together with buying my own router.
Whatever they suggested didn't work...one guy who was clearly reading from a script took over an hour to come up with the staggering conclusion that 'something isn't right' (no sh*t Sherlock!!)
I think I picked the right week to register as now Plusnet are advertising all over and will probably have lots of new subscribers

Maybe..maybe not..it depends whether they have had enough foresight to plan for an expected surge in sales...
Let's have a race to see who's up 'n' running first-you, Peckham Pouncer, Don't Panic or myself !! Just for 'fun' !!

'Just for fun' doesnt register...I reckon a 50 quid winner takes all sweep might be more fun...it will certainly help pass away the hours,days minutes weeks and months (maybe years?)   while we are waiting..
Hey...one positive...at least plusnet have some decent music while you are on hold...I cant handle much more of that TT song!
Undecided
dontpanic
Dabbler

Oh my I count myself very lucky not to be waiting that long !
I can report that my Broadband has been activated this morning (15th) and is apparently now working. Hurrah! I will monitor the stability but it could hardly be worse than TT dropping out all the time (I had to dial 0 on the phone every time to get it to reconnect it was weird). I have an old Netgear DG384v3 router and also got a Thomson one for the £4.99 p&p cost from Plusnet (I figure you can never have enough router models) so will see how it performs. [The Huawei one from TT never supported VPN and is not compliant with plusnet anyway, but the Netgear was never great working with TT.]
By the way the £44.99 did get taken out of my account (on 13th oct), and I have to wait till monday 18th for them to refund it. Not an issue for me but appreciate it would cause some folk some problems.
Hope you guys get sorted out soon, what a nightmare these contracts can be!
Lynda
Grafter

Cheers my dear-at least one of us is sorted now !!! You enjoy it while I'm Billy-No-Mates all weekend at least......
Do we get a cooling-off period with Plusnet too ? Cos' if we do and they hang me around for weeks and weeks we'll be parting company. I can't wait 10 weeks again as I did with TalkTalk.....
Oh, and I'm NOT going to internet cafes......I want a service at home and if I'm happy to pay for it don't see why I shouldn't get one soon !!!
Cheers, Smiley
Lynda X
sassy62
Grafter

Come back in 3-4 months Lynda and let us know how you get on... Roll_eyes
Lynda
Grafter

Don't even joke about THAT !!! They had it up ''n running again Friday night and all day Saturday and the phone too then Sunday morning the lot was gone again....so I can only access at work now...sigh.....
Lynda~
Cry