cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Talk sales men

jmd
Grafter

Talk Talk sales men

I just answered the door to 2 blokes who apparently from TalkTalk who wanted to tell me what they could do for me that was better than what BT  offered in regard to line rental - so I apologised and said I used to be TalkTalk but now changed.  When I said who I now used they said oh you will need to change again - PlusNet do not exist!!!
So not sure how I manage to use phone/broadband then.
Sorry gentlemen, they do and they are cheaper than you - bye-bye!
9 REPLIES 9
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Talk Talk sales men

/cry
I always wanted some door-to-door salesmen to call.  I'd love to tie them up in knots.
Er, not literally ofc...
B.
Emma
Grafter

A few months back 3 men from talktalk were at my door trying to "save me money on my phone bill", it was very intimidating as I was on my own that day, dog is useless scariest thing in my house is my evil cat.
Anyway it took me a good 5 minutes to convince them I didn't want to save money, with that I shut the door on them, then one of them stuck his foot in my door! cheeky so and so, could not believe it. Finally got rid of them, but it shook me up.
Obviously need customers that badly that it takes bullying tactics to get them.
About to arrange to move to the homephone package soon, said that months ago and now its nearly christmas, oh how time flys!
Bud
Grafter

I had some talk talk reps call past last week adamant they could save me money which I have proven to them several times they can't.  They even pester us at work trying us to move our lines to them and every time they cant understand how it will cost us more to use them than BT.
A girl I knew a few years back didn't get pestered much by sales people at the door, the sight of the rottweiller behind the door and the barking usually sent most of them on their way before the door was answered.
dhookham
Grafter

Quote from: Bud
They even pester us at work trying us to move our lines to them and every time they cant understand how it will cost us more to use them than BT.

Especially after you discover they've moved your internet to them as well when you coughed.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
johnmglen
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Anyone who comes to the front door here has had to pass through one shut gate and about thirty meters of my property. If that person doesn't leave immediately on request I will be delighted to demostrate the quality of the phone service I already have by dialling the local Police station.

Yes, and plod will do absolutely nothing at all.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The only way plod takes an interest is if you suggest that you will do something physical to them if they don't leave - then you are the one in trouble! Great eh?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

/OT
Reasonable force can be used to remove a trespasser from a property once he/she has been asked to leave - That does not mean using Mand's re-education tool though!
\OT
hulls
Grafter

I would be suggesting to my local bobby, that they were behaving in a way likely to cause a breach of the peace.  Certainly if they put their foot in my door, the screams as they tried to remove it without me opening the door again would not be conducive to peace and quiet. Wink
John
Word_Warrior
Grafter

A short warning.
"Mind your foot"
followed by a forceful closing of the door will be sufficient to ruin his whole day and possibly do your neighbours a favour by curtailing his rounds Grin