cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Evenings and Weekends with LRS

aldabra
Dabbler

Talk Evenings and Weekends with LRS

I am a long term Plusnet customer but this is my first post here.
I have spent the afternoon looking through this forum trying to understand 'Line Rental Saver' for my case and I have just become even more confused.
I am on 'Talk Evenings and Weekends' so am about to start paying £14.99 pcm.
If I pay the 'Line Rental Saver' fee of £137.88 for the first time now, will I still get free evening and weekend calls?
Is it necessary to pay by debit or credit card rather than have the fee taken via my direct debit mandate?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Talk Evenings and Weekends with LRS

If you are starting LRS for the first time it doesn't include any calls
You have to pay for it with a debit or credit card
aldabra
Dabbler

Thanks for that confirmation. I have switched to 'Plusnet Evenings and Weekends' and will pay the LRS fee when that has gone through so I should be £2.00 pcm better off.
(£14.99 - £137.88/12 - £1.50).
Apprentice
Grafter

As far as I can see if you pay for LRS then you can't get free weekend calls  :(, you used to have that option from BT even after paying for LRS.
Don't know why PN can't manage that as it's not as though they are the cheapest for line rental and calls in the current market + you have to have a BB package with them as well
  Tongue
pennbank
Grafter

Please can someone  from plusnet confirm that if you are a new customer on Talk evenings and weekend calls and you select Line Rental Saver then you lose the free evening and weekend calls.
How ever if you are an old customer or are renewing it you still get your call during the evening and weekend ?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This is correct.
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: pennbank
Please can someone  from plusnet confirm that if you are a new customer on Talk evenings and weekend calls and you select Line Rental Saver then you lose the free evening and weekend calls.
How ever if you are an old customer or are renewing it you still get your call during the evening and weekend ?

You can pay LRS and still have free evening and weekend calls.
However if you choose  the LRS (paying 12 months LR in advance) you can't have the free weekend calls package which seems a bit tight to me, there's not even the option to pay a contribution of say forty five pence a month for free weekend calls either.   Tongue
aldabra
Dabbler

So, have I just been done out of £1.50 pcm?
Apprentice
Grafter

You should be OK as the 1.50 pays for "free" evening and weekend calls, it's just the "free"weekend calls only option that isn't compatible with line rental saver for some reason (I thought BTr was bad at times) and it can't be costs as PN phone packages are not the cheapest compared to other providers and you have to have a BB package as well.
The Phone packages are not stand alone but they are with some of the competition.