Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Talk Anytime Call Plan

It states
Broadband and calls from £6.49
Broadband and Anytime calls from £9.99
I don't see how it can be any clearer
If you want to take this up with Plusnet then you will need to wait until tomorrow when there should be a member of the Digital Care Team on. Note that I am just a customer like you.
fastcd
Dabbler

Hi Oldjim,
I am not, for one moment, getting huffy with you or Plusnet; please accept my apologies if I have offended you.
This all started by me asking a question through Help & Support and receiving 2 wrong answers, both of which suggested we were being asked to pay the £3.50 for telephone calls (I have subsequently received an apology).
I would reiterate that over the last few months we have been using the phone during the day and our bill has been £12.99 + 11.99 = £24.98. Then we receive the latest bill and it includes a £3.50 charge for Talk Anytime.
The fact that one has to do a 'bit of math' to arrive at a conclusion is quite simply astounding! Plain 'in your face' black on white' always works best in my opinion.
Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend

No problem at all and you haven't. I just thought I wouldn't be able to help anymore
Did you join under this offer http://www.homephonechoices.co.uk/plusnet-offers-three-months-free-anytime-calls-17122010.html
Looking for a new calls package to save you money in the New Year? Plusnet is now offering three months free on its Anytime Talk call plan.
Plusnet (www.plus.net), one of the UK’s cheapest home phone and broadband suppliers, has cut the price of its Anytime Talk package to just £3.50 a month, and is offering new joiners three months free.
<snip>
The three months free offer is available to all households that sign-up to a Plusnet broadband and home phone bundle before 31 March 2011.
fastcd
Dabbler

Hello,
No, I have not seen that page before, but, that could be the answer to it.
I am not trying to be obtuse when I say that I cannot clearly remember. I only recall that we were cut off by BT (an engineer had pulled the wrong switch) and so we had no Plusnet BB or phone. During the discussions at that time with Plusnet (who were first rate in service during this 'crisis') we covered ground regarding BB, phone and compensation (which was offered by Plusnet and accepted gratefully by myself)
Age and memory (certainly in my case) are a trying experience.
Regards
Alistair
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You could go into the member centre and look at closed tickets at the time as it should all be documented
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
fastcd
Dabbler

Thanks - I will try that now.
Regards
Alistair
jim:quote
fastcd
Dabbler

Oldjim, you are a problem solver.
I asked for all questions, Answers and Notices between the begining of this year, up to today, and very promptly found the upgrade to Talk Anytime and I am now assuming that there must have been 3 free months as well.
It was begining to frustrate me i.e. the lack of clarity on the web site regarding the £3.50, coupled with my dodgy memory!
Well done to you.
Best Wishes
Alistair