cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Anytime – 300 minutes.

dobbin
Dabbler

Talk Anytime – 300 minutes.

Just starting using Talk Anytime which gives you 300 minutes, per month, to 20 international destinations.  Having family members who can talk the hind leg off a donkey would like answers, please, to:
a) What happens when you reach the 300 minute limit – any warning along the way or at the end? For instance I may not know if another family member has been ticking up minutes before me!
b) Or does it silently start charging up to 8p a minute.
c) After speaking for 30 minutes you are asked to redial or be charged up to 8p a minute. Again, any warning, or is it a matter of setting the alarm clock?
Many thanks for any help.

11 REPLIES 11
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Talk Anytime – 300 minutes.

after 29 min if you stay connected, you pay, if you hang up and redial for another 29 min you dont i.e 10 free 29 min call per month.
Provided you dont make all the calls in one day, they are listed on here https://portal.plus.net/plustalk/index.php?page=wlr_my_account  tha call under recent calls. The cost under itemised bill. 
Unfortunately it doesnt alway update as quick as it should
reserved
Grafter

posted twice  Embarrassed
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Unfortunately it doesnt alway update as quick as it should

My International calls aren't showing yet although calls I made to 01 numbers afterwards are in the list!

edit: International call made Saturday still not showing in list.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
@dobbin,
There's no warning as such when you reach your 300 minutes, however you can check how many minutes you have left in the Home Phone control panel.
There's no warning after 29 minutes either (similarly there's no warning on 01/02/03 calls when you hit 59 minutes). You'd need to remember what time the call started, set an alarm or do what I do and get people to ring me :D).
@reserved,
International calls will take longer to appear than national calls, this is due to the way that they're routed and BT Wholesale's charging mechanism.
reserved
Grafter

Thanks Mand. I'm withholding some of my wife's pocket money until I'm sure she didn't go over 30 minutes  Wink
Mand
Grafter

That's harsh Tongue
dobbin
Dabbler

Many thanks for the feedback – now know how it works. Do find the time constraint issue a pain.
Was on Evening and Weekend Talk but now giving Talk Anytime a try. 
Basically boils down to paying £5 a month for daytime calls (Mon to Fri) but as we are not big users of the phone may not turn out to be for us. Especially as you can get UK (normal) calls) with no time constraint  for 5p.  And overseas calls to USA for 1/2p a minute to landline and mobile.  This makes the cost of 300 minutes to USA a total of £1.50 and again no clock watching.
Horses for courses - time will tell.........

reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
That's harsh Tongue

As the International call is still not showing, her pocket money is still being withheld!
Mand
Grafter

Quote from: reserved
As the International call is still not showing, her pocket money is still being withheld!

Depending on where you've called some calls can take weeks to appear.  Shocked
reserved
Grafter

It's a long way from New Zealand  Grin
reserved
Grafter

Over a week now & the NZ call still not showing  Sad