cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking the mick!

wilcochris
Dabbler

Taking the mick!

So, I purchased home phone with the International call add on. I just checked my bill and noticed that a 60 minute call to the USA was charged at £2.84. From everything i've read, you get 60 minutes before it charges. What is going on PN? Posting here while waiting in the atrociously lengthy queue.
Starting to regret coming over from Sky
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Taking the mick!

UK calls are a 60 minute duration before you need to redial, international calls are 30 minutes. Sorry you thought different, here's the info from the website:
300 Anytime minutes: (Plusnet Anytime International 300) Means 300 inclusive minutes to US mobiles, Canada mobiles and all landlines listed in our Top 35 international destinations. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes (Local) or 30 minutes (International) and you won't be charged
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wilcochris
Dabbler

That would have been nice had it been explained. Can you tell me if I am still within my cooling off period. I'm outta here. That's diabolical
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Cam I ask where you got the impression it was 60 minutes from? The quote I've given is directly from the 'here's the legal bit' section of our homepage. If we're making it appear that you get 60 minutes before needing to redial on international numbers we need to fix it.
It'd be a shame to lose you over something like this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This page which is linked from the International 300 - Top 35 International Destinations http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/tariffs/#top35-countries states
Inclusive call length
    Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
    Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 30 minutes
    Calls to Plusnet Support are free for the duration of the call, regardless of length
Inclusive calls that become chargeable are charged at the relevant rate until the end of the call. The call set up fee is not applied.
No you aren't within a cooling off period
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Haven't BT themselves always been the same? I though this was pretty standard practice amongst phone providers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
wilcochris
Dabbler

Well, it wouldn't be much of an issue if I was told about it when I called and enquired about the products. As it is an integral part of the calling plan, not mentioning it is seen as a mis-selling of the contract. Every other provider I have been with has had a 60 minute redial limit.
wilcochris
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Cam I ask where you got the impression it was 60 minutes from? The quote I've given is directly from the 'here's the legal bit' section of our homepage. If we're making it appear that you get 60 minutes before needing to redial on international numbers we need to fix it.
It'd be a shame to lose you over something like this.

You need to make it known when people call to enquire. Asking someone to redial after 30 minutes on an international call is simply ridiculous. My wife calls her mother every week and to ask her to redial after 30 minutes to not be charged is simply unworkable. A 60 minute limit is would I would be expecting from PN. If this can't be the case, then I will happily be taking my business elsewhere as I feel you have mis-sold the contract to me on such an integral part of the calling plan.
I work for Sky and I have to tell folk about the fact that if they stay on after 60 minutes they are charged - because it is an integral part of the calling plan.
Shame on you Plusnet!
James
Grafter

Hi,
It looks like you signed up online rather than over the phone.
Can you confirm when you called in so we can get the call listened to?
wilcochris
Dabbler

I did sign up online after talking to the call centre. I will have to dig out an email from the agent I spoke to. Had mention been made of the 30 minute limit, I'd have not bothered coming over to yourselves
dick:quote
wilcochris
Dabbler

09/12/2013. Spoke with an advisor called Adam and also an agent named Gary. Both times to enquire about the offerings