cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Plusnet today not good so far

cookiecrumble

Switching to Plusnet today not good so far

OK today is changeover day from Talktalk to Plusnet.  This morning broadband had gone, and new router I ordered from Plusnet has not arrived! (Talktalk one won't work on Plusnet)
Watling on the phone for over 20mins to discover router has not been sent! Will have to wait 3 - 5 days for one to get here. Not happy
Now this afternoon the phone's not working. It's got a dialing tone but won't ring out and not receiving calls either.
Can someone tell me if this is usual on changeover day? Or should I report the problem? I was told when I signed up that the phone would be switched over without any downtime.
But I was also told that change over would happen 10 days after signing up. It's taken 20 days.
3 REPLIES 3
shilcor2560

Re: Switching to Plusnet today not good so far

Sorry to hear about your problems but I don't think it's typical.  I just moved from Sky to Plusnet last week and it went very well. My phone moved first so landline was down for most of the day but came back mid-afternoon. Broadband moved the following day and I was amazed to find that it still worked with my Sky router.  I've since switched to the Plusnet router which arrived well before the swap over date and now have better SNR than before.  I did regularly monitor the Order Tracker on the Plusnet site to make sure everything was progressing  though.  There was a slight glitch due to me cancelling my original order and then placing it again when I found I could get extra cashback by ordering via the TopCashback web site but that was my fault.  A quick call to Plusnet customer services sorted that out so I have been very impressed so far.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@cookiecrumble
Sorry to hear about the delay. The router was dispatched last night so it should be with you in the next couple of days.
I can see you've updated your ticket saying the phone is now working but caller display is not.
I've placed a order to add it to your line and it should be up and running in the next hour or so.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cookiecrumble

Thanks for your reply's.
Plusnet have redeemed themselves today. My router arrived within 24hrs. Phone & BB now working.