cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to PlusNet is it worth it?

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Switching to PlusNet is it worth it?

My phone line is currently with BT with an Unlimited Anytime Plan @ £29.62 a month

Plusnet is the Unlimited Broadband provider @ £16.49 a month

Total cost £46.11

BT sent me email saying they were moving me to another plan on 1 Sept for an extra £4.50 a month

A new grand total of £50.61.

I decided to look at switching the phone line to PlusNet. On the upgrade page I found a combine phone & broadband @ £30.98 a month

Unlimited calls @ £9.00 a month

A total of £30.98 a month

It looks good value but it states the price will increase out of contract and mentions using a "single device".

I can't find the current out of contract price and does "single device" mean there's an additional charge for using additional computers or Smart TVs?

I use the phone very little, on average 6 calls a month using 57mins the most minutes used in a month has been around 100 minutes.

Is it a good deal, can I keep the current phone number are there any hidden gremlins, why are these packages so complicated? 🏇

2 REPLIES 2
Overscore
Rising Star

Re: Switching to PlusNet is it worth it?

Hello,

Sounds v expensive.

Look at this one from EE for 25/mnth, standard BB, unlim calls, 18 mnth

https://broadband.comparethemarket.com/product/4930?sourceList=ResultsGrid#tab_costs

Good luck

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: Switching to PlusNet is it worth it?

Thanks...

What I thought would be a simple task isn't....

Based on usage the BT website recommends the plan proposed in the email but at a different price.

When I phoned BT they produced the much cheaper "Home Phone" plan which is cheaper than we currently pay and seems to match our current plan and usage. But online to get info you have to use search and it appears as a pop up.

I dislike the fixed 12, 18, 24 month contracts which state the price will revert to the out of contract cost without show what is the current out of contract price. 

Hopefully I can get this sorted by 1 Sep.