cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching nightmares

FIXED
phodgkin

Switching nightmares

I added home phone to my plusnet fibre (switching from BT) on 25 Oct, and was told that the switch would be completed on Oct 10. If only...

Receive email on 26 Oct "Home Phone - Order cancelled".

Contact plusnet CS to be told that it should be going through and not to worry (so what was this email about?)

Oct 10: nothing has happened. No communication in meantime.

Contact plusnet on Oct 11, who find that there is an "exception on the order" and the switch has not happened (why did I need to prod?). They would create a "bridge case" and the problem would be sorted in a few days...

Oct 13: Receive a 2nd email "Home Phone - Order cancelled"

Add a response to the ticket querying this.

Oct 16: Receive a dumb reply saying "So you didn't want to cancel the order?" - ticket held to Mon 23

Contact plusnet CS again, now having to hold twice to get through to "provisioning". Told that the only solution is for them to create a fresh home + broadband order. Not wild about this, as can sense things getting out of hand.

Oct 18: Receive an email from plusnet "Moving your broadband service - what you need to know", saying I need to pay a £206 exit fee from my broadband package!

There is something seriously amiss with systems here. I've no doubt that the issue will be eventually sorted out, but there is no excuse for this botched communication. 

9 REPLIES 9
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Switching nightmares

Unfortunately it sounds like the all too frequent Plusnet ordering disaster, hopefully a staff member on the forum will help sort it out.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there.

Apologies for your poor experience when moving your home phone to Plusnet.

Receive email on 26 Oct "Home Phone - Order cancelled".

It looks like this email was sent, because the order we'd initially placed with Openreach didn't progress as we'd expected within the Openreach applications.

Oct 10: nothing has happened. No communication in meantime.

Sorry for the lack of communication.

Contact plusnet on Oct 11, who find that there is an "exception on the order" and the switch has not happened (why did I need to prod?). They would create a "bridge case" and the problem would be sorted in a few days...

Oct 13: Receive a 2nd email "Home Phone - Order cancelled"

Add a response to the ticket querying this.

I can see that this order was placed at the same time of the above order and was therefore cancelled automatically due to it being a duplicate order. Only, it looks like the cancellation was delayed in the Openreach systems due to the exception.

An exception is basically an order related problem where the flow of activity becomes stuck. An order progresses through several stages and systems. If an exception happens it generally needs to be sorted out manually by Openreach.

Oct 16: Receive a dumb reply saying "So you didn't want to cancel the order?" - ticket held to Mon 23

Apologies for that, I'll make sure feedback is passed on to the advisers line manager.

Contact plusnet CS again, now having to hold twice to get through to "provisioning". Told that the only solution is for them to create a fresh home + broadband order. Not wild about this, as can sense things getting out of hand.

I'll admit I'm puzzled here as to why we've done this when we're already supplying you with a broadband service and we can see an active connection on your account.

Oct 18: Receive an email from plusnet "Moving your broadband service - what you need to know", saying I need to pay a £206 exit fee from my broadband package!

As a result of placing the broadband order, this has triggered the automatic "leaving us" notification by email.

What should have happened is that we should have placed just the telephone order again following the duplicate order successfully cancelling in the supplier systems.

To resolve this, I'm going to cancel the order we've placed which does mean you'll receive another "order cancelled" email but please ignore that. When it's cancelled fully in the Openreach systems I'll place the phone order.

Needless to say, please also ignore the email about the cancellation charges.

After closing off one of the tickets on your account as a duplicately raised ticket by one of the support advisers, I'm moving the remaining ticket on your account to my teams ticket pool so we can take ownership of this.

I do sincerely apologise again for the poor experience you've received.

Anoush

EDIT:

It's unlikely you'll receive another order cancelled email as the order reference of the most recent order that our support team had placed, wasn't added into the automation logs on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
phodgkin

Many thanks for following up and giving some confidence that things are getting sorted!

There was some confusion over the initial order, as the adviser tweaked things to include Evening & Weekends (on the basis of being a long standing customer). This may have triggered the duplicate order. But if deleting the duplicate had sent me a message that a duplicate order was being deleted and I could ignore a following "cancelled" email (or ideally not trigger it all), then the 1st round of calls to CS wouldn't have happened.

PH

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

I've got your phone order in place and it's been confirmed by Openreach to complete on the 6th. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again.

I've just checked up on your order and everything's looking OK for the 6th.

We'll follow up on the day.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
phodgkin

Excellent! This time I haven't had any unexpected emails, so I'm cautiously optimistic...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This time I haven't had any unexpected emails

Always a good sign. Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
phodgkin

All seems to be working!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's good to hear! Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet