Hi everyone, I am a Plusnet fibre customer - my package is: "Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone)".
The home landline is currently with BT. I am considering moving the landline to Plusnet and want to take advantage of a deal that I can access through the Member Centre - I have attached a screenshot of the deal.
It seems easy to make the change using the Member Centre. However, I would like to check if:
1) I can keep the existing landline number - and whether the system will offer this to me before confirming the order - or if there is some other process to follow.
2) If Plusnet takeover the landline from BT, if there are any problems with the landline or repairs are needed, is this covered by Plusnet?
3) If I choose Unlimited UK and mobile calls as the phone package, does this apply 24 hours per day (or only during set times of the day).
If anyone can offer any answers on the three queries above, it would be very much appreciated 🙂
Fixed! Go to the fix.
05-02-2021 11:44 AM - edited 05-02-2021 11:45 AM
1. Yes, you can keep your telephone number but see below.
2. Any repairs are passed on to Openreach in exactly the same way as BT Retail do but you might get less priority when it comes to fixing a fault.
3. The anytime calls is a 24/7 service.
If you ring the customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and haggle you should be able to get a cheaper deal. You can also stress the need to keep your phone number. This should be confirmed in the email confirmation of order email that they will send.
Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it, help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'
Re: Switching landline to Plusnet from BT (as an existing Plusnet Fibre customer)
I ended up phoning, got a better deal and they confirmed my number would stay the same.
All the confirmations have come through and everything has worked out.
Thank you for your help and guidance!