cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to anytime call package, still can't call out?

bizket1951
Hooked

Switched to anytime call package, still can't call out?

Title tells a lot of the story, I switched from evening and weekend calls to the unlimited UK and mobile package (the switch happened on June 9th) but I still can't make landline calls out? Can anyone tell me whats going on here?

Thanks 🐵

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Switched to anytime call package, still can't call out?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Home Phone. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bizket1951
Hooked

Re: How to raise a support ticket with Plusnet

Incredible that in 2022 I had to google search how to raise a support ticket with Plusnet because its still buried and beyond difficult to find on the main site. I switched from evening and weekend calls to the anytime call package on June 9th (or thats when it was meant to be happening) and as of today, June 18th, I still cant make landline calls out!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@bizket1951 I'm a tad confused - why 'can't you make calls out' your tariff doesn't physically change anything on the phone - do you mean you are still showing as being on the old package? If so, that is because the tariff change takes place w.e.f. your next billing date.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@bizket1951 

If your phone is not working then report a phone fault: This is more than likely due to a coincidental fault on our line.

P.S. Adding to a thread that was marked as fixed 4 years ago will not help get this resolved.

For a problem with your home phone,

Text PHONE followed by your landline number to 07800008121.
e.g. PHONE 01234567891
(charge may apply at your standard rate)

• We'll run tests on your connection to find out what’s going on
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot
  • If you don't need an engineer, our award-winning UK based support team will aim to call you within 30 mins to help sort the problem, though we're really busy at the moment, so this may be a little longer.
  • Service available Mon-Sun: 8am to 8pm
  • Outside of these hours please see our Help and Support guides, and if you’re still having trouble we’ll pick up your message when we’re open

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Posts merged from another topic into this one.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bizket1951
Hooked

@jab1 No, the package was switched over to unlimited UK and mobile calls on June 9th (with me making the package change about 11 days before that) and for about 10 days after June 9th I couldn't make calls out from the landline always getting diverted to some sort of topup line. Thanks to the link in this thread though I've been able to get this issue sorted - far faster and far less painlessly than using the chat assistant or me having to make calls from my mobile.

Whoever it was that said it - The point in posting in this thread, as I made quite clear, is that going on for 5 years after this thread was made Plusnet STILL have not just added an easy to find link on the contact page to raise a support ticket and nobody with the ability to do so has even come along to sticky this thread for easy to find information on where the link is to open a support ticket. If it wasn't for the link in this thread I'd still have a landline not able of making outgoing calls and I'd have either A: had to faff about with the online chat assistant, wasting more of my time, or B: attempt calling Plusnet from my mobile, not only wasting my time but money as well.

This thread should be stickied.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@bizket1951 @I’m still confused - your answer above still doesn’t make much sense to me, but as I’m on holiday, I think I’ll leave it to someone else to fathom.

John