cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Plusnet and now phoneline dead

neil10
Hooked

Switched to Plusnet and now phoneline dead

Hi, writing this on behalf of my mother who's line should have switched to plusnet yesterday.

The line went dead yesterday morning and is still dead today.  No dial tone.

I tried the online "line checker" but it said there was a problem and gave me a phone number but when I tried to ring technical support I was redirected here.

Help please, she is an elderly lady who relies on her phone. She has a mobile but with limited credit and to be honest would not be able to top it up herself from home.

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Switched to Plusnet and now phoneline dead

Thanks for getting in touch @neil10 I'm sorry to see your mother's phone isn't working. Despite the message you got after running the line checker, I can see this found an external fault and reported this to our suppliers.

There's a ticket raised on the account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201282343 regarding this. We'll use this to monitor and provide updates as soon as we know more. 

We've been given an estimated response time of by 04/05/20 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further, however I can look at raising an emergency welfare case with our suppliers to try to get this fixed at a priority.

There's some criteria though we'd need to meet, could you send me a private message with some detail if your mother has any medical conditions or has a care-line pendant attached to the phone etc?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @neil10,

I've taken a look into this one today and raised a further update via the open support ticket on your account. Please let us know once you've had the chance to respond so that we may pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
neil10
Hooked

Had a message at 14:41 today (Sunday) saying they believed there was no fault and suggesting I try the troubleshooting guide.  I hasten to add that that was the first port of call when the phoneline didn't come back after switchover.  Coupld you please pass to them that we are alread at the stage of having a basic wired phone plugged into the test jack within the master socket.  Still no dial-tone 😞

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @neil10,

I'm really sorry to hear the fault still exists. I've updated the ticket on the account, however we'll need to wait until tomorrow morning before picking this back up for further review due to some systems issues we've encountered this evening. Please accept my apologies for this and I hope that we're able to resolve the fault as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
neil10
Hooked

The Openreach engineer fixed it this morning.  During provider migration last Wednesday the the correct phoneline had not been connected to at the exchange.  I do appreciate that everyone is human and mistakes sometime happen, but I do think it taking almost a week to rectify isn't really on.  Hopefully all will be well from here on in.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @neil10 

Glad to see the fault's fixed now. I've PM'd you back with more detail but the delay was unfortunately due to the fault report getting stuck in the supplier system and needing manual intervention by our suppliers. I agree this should've been resolved sooner and I do sincerely apologise for the length of time it's taken for the fault at the exchange to be fixed.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with but as you say fingers crossed everything runs smoothly from now on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
neil10
Hooked

So far, so good, phone and broadband are working.

Can I ask here if Plusnet is part of the Automatic Compensation Scheme? As I notice the biling shows as if we'd started service on the 29th April. If its not who do we need to contact to request it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @neil10 

Glad to see the service is still going well. We haven't signed up to the automatic compensation scheme although we are committed to in the future, however at the moment we won't be in a position to offer the same level of compensation. 

I've provided a refund to cover the time your mother's paid for a service she's not had. If she's wanting to discuss a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience the fault's caused, could you send me a PM with when she'd be free for me to call?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
neil10
Hooked

Between 10am and 4pm would be best.