cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to PlusNet in June - BT kept charging

hutchy
Hooked

Switched to PlusNet in June - BT kept charging

I switched my phone and Broadband to PlusNet from BT back in June, and having switched Broadband provider before, I was expecting a smooth transition from one provider to the other. I was confused then, when BT continued to charge me Line Rental and a call package - their latest bill was debited from my bank account a few days ago. After complaining to BT, I was called by their customer services and told that PlusNet hadn't informed them that they were taking over my phone line, so I've been paying twice for the same service. They've now cancelled my phone service at their end, and say that i'll get some (but not all) of my last bill back. I'd like an explanation from PlusNet and a refund of the three months that I've been paying them for a service that BT never stopped supplying. I'd have logged this with PlusNet support If I could get a hold of anyone on their constantly busy support line.

I'm not feeling "done proud", just "done" and I suspect that i'll be looking to switch again before long.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Switched to PlusNet in June - BT kept charging

If you transferred the line/number to us, BT retail receive notification directly from BT Wholesale regarding the transfer, this is following the Ofcom 'gaining provider led' process and if BT retail are saying they didn't receive this notification then they need to review why.

I'm sorry that you were charged by BT, but this isn't something we can deal with as it's BT that were charging you incorrectly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SRB2016
Dabbler

You are not alone. In my case I cancelled my BT direct debit when I changed to plusnet, having phoned BT and requested an up to date bill. It never came, even though I phoned on numerous occasions asking for it. Now they are threatening me with non payment action, even though I left them In May, they billed me for the next quarter. Their customer service is useless.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear this @SRB2016 have you tried going through BT's complaint process?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet