cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious calls?

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Suspicious calls?

I have recently been receiving messages on my landline. All that is quoted is the number 07953 966066; however, on one occasion a femail voice said, 'So, you are trying to forget me, ok.'

The website 'Who called me' has many posts on the subject but I am intrigued to know who is behind these messages.

I have not called the number but I guess it is some sort of expensive premium line.

I have consigned this number to Plusnet Call Protect - within a week 4 calls were blocked/diverted.

I shall be interested to hear of other Community members' experiences.

4 REPLIES 4
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Suspicious calls?

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Thanks Menace65 for your response. Yes, I have previously read both links and there are various differing responses to whether or not the calls are an attempt at a scam.

I'm still a bit confused as to why I have only just started getting the calls (some were quite late in the evening) but anyway they now all go to 1572.

Regards.

Micklemus78
Hooked

Quite a few regular 'scam' 'nuisance' calls from different numbers are happening on a too regular basis. The calls have now moved to Auto calls but still the same BT supposed caller. It is not BT but I am confident BT could stop these automated calls........  Why on earth does this not happen?   It's all very well telling customers to use the blanking system or divert these calls but these callers who set up their systems are crooks so why is something that resolves the issue not being done?   I am a Plusnet customer but the line is BT /Openreach so why does POlusnet strongly protest to BT/ Openreach and get these criminals behind bars which is where they should be and quickly?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If only it was that simple. The caller number can be easily scammed and the call could be coming from anywhere in the world. It's not simply a BT problem. I use a phone with built in BT Call Guardian and have no problems whatsoever.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'