cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending phone and broadband account

Trebor
Grafter

Suspending phone and broadband account

As the title suggests, would it be possible to suspend my phone line and broadband account for a month or two and then restart it at a new address?
The situation is an impending house move, unfortunately our new house has been delayed so we have to move in to rented accommodation, the rented house doesn't have a phone line at the moment.
If we were to decide on a rented house with a phone line would it be cost effective to our selves and Force 9 to move our phone and broadband to that house then on to our permanent address when its its eventually ready?
I would like to stay with Force 9 but if it means cancelling my account paying cancellation fees, set up fees for rented and then again for the final move it wouldn't cost effective for us to stay with all the deals knocking around at the moment for free connection.
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Suspending phone and broadband account

Hi Trebor,
I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do this as a new house move.  You'll just need to give us the date that you want your broadband and home phone turned off and the date that you would like it all turned on again.
I'd definitely suggest that the best method would be to do things that way and give us a date when you expect to be in your new permanant address.  there wouldn't be much point in setting up broadband for the rented property because of the cacellation fees associated with it.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You could temporally downgrade to dial-up.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Trebor
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Trebor,
I can't think of any reason why you couldn't do this as a new house move.  You'll just need to give us the date that you want your broadband and home phone turned off and the date that you would like it all turned on again.
I'd definitely suggest that the best method would be to do things that way and give us a date when you expect to be in your new permanant address.  there wouldn't be much point in setting up broadband for the rented property because of the cacellation fees associated with it.

Thank you for the quick reply.
It looks like the new house won't become a reality now, too many legal problems the current owners are unwilling to resolve.
We will be still moving in to rented and starting a house purchase form scratch again, i would think this could take up to three months, so we wouldn't be able to give a re start date or a an address for that matter, would this present problems?
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Thanks for the update.
It shouldn't present any problems.  As has been suggested elsewhere, you can downgrade to PAYG Standard (dialup) until you are ready to place a new order for the new address.
Isn't moving house a pain?
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
Isn't moving house a pain?

Amen to that - I'm about to go through the process myself in a couple of months.
I'm subscribing to the adage that lots and lots of prior notice helps things out.  Well, that and a lot of praying Smiley
B.