cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for home phone

Rikaitch
Grafter

Suggestion for home phone

The one thing I keep doing is forgetting to use my minutes on my mobile to phone non geographical numbers. Why don't you set up an option that means the call is made from a landline, but charges your mobile. I'd be happy to pay a percentage for this service.
3 REPLIES 3
Liam
Grafter

Re: Suggestion for home phone

I'm not overly sure if I understand this suggestion, since we don't actually offer a Mobile Phone service to charge calls to.
However, what I will say is that the costs of providing a Wholesale Line Rental (Home Phone) service are vastly different to that of a Mobile or VoIP provider.  As such, this kind of cross-billing is very difficult to manage as the costs of each call are very different to the supplier.
Rikaitch
Grafter

Sorry, it was about as clear as mud. What I'm asking, is there anyway a call to a mobile can be charged to a mobile, designated in the customer account details and then validated?
mrose
Grafter

Unfortunately this is not possible on our systems.  This is not because it's not possible from a technical perspective, but simply because we do not provide your mobile phone service.
If we were to provide your mobile phone service for you then we would receive and validate the calling records and thus, we could cross reference on your account and charge your mobile.
Having said that, let us consider the whole Fusion thing from BT, that we were  trialling earlier this year.  Fusion is a mobile that in theory carries it's calls over voip when your at home on the old wireless router. And carries the calls over the regular mobile network when your not at home/in range of your wireless router.
I'm not entirely sure if we receive any call records for Fusion trialists at the moment, but if it goes full product launch in the future (no promises here) then we would fully expect to be receiving call records.  At which point we could then do this - a fully integrated voice account!!  Meaning, you pay us £XX per month and we give you a whole bunch of minutes to use over VoIP, Home Phone and Fusion mobile!! 
Sounds good in theory but I don't think the Fusion thing is developed yet for any provider to put out their own service from a 'white label' version.
When Fusion is ready, I'm sure you'll be hearing from us through our usual channels.
Cheers,
Mike