Subscription charge

paulby
Grafter

Re: Subscription charge

PUGIT request raised.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Ref: Ashworth's post looks like I could well be in the same boat as I'm still receiving my £5 discount for broadband.
I'll wait until I receive email notification of what payments are due before taking action raising a ticket.  This should be in the next few days.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Paul03
PUGIT request raised.

This has been raised as PUGIT Issue 414 and comments on the item can be added in the comment topic here.
David
nadger
Rising Star

I've just added a comment to PUGIT Issue 414 explaining how dual discounts were applied in my case.
paulby
Grafter

@nadger
I've also posted a reply to that as the scenario you've posted isn't always the case (I've got two lots of discount running concurrently as has one of my referrals).  It looks like it's something that needs to be sorted so that there is a least some consistency with how things are managed.
Ashworth
Dabbler

Well at least it seems that I am perhaps not alone.
I just hope that someone sorts out the problem and that I do eventually receive my 3 months discount without having to keep pleading for it. The promise of the discount was the main incentive that finally made me swap from BT to Home Phone.
I still have my doubts as to whether I will ever automatically receive this discount without any further problems and having to contact Plusnet again to ask why I haven't received it.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Ashworth:
My situation is identical to yours, only difference is I'm in Alberta, Canada at the moment, so I'll just have to sit back and wait for the emails advising me what PlusNet will be taking from my account by Direct Debit sometime next week.
I'm pretty confident they will get it right though.
paulby
Grafter

You should be able to see if the discount has been added to your account by going to the My Questions section of Help & Support (you'll need to login).  When you're there drop down the "view" box and set it to show all the questions in the last 2 years.
You'll then need to hit the little "+" symbol on each entry until you find one that says "Discount has been created" or something similar - see screenshot.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Paul03:
As the saying goes:  'Been, there, done that and bought the tee shirt' .  No sign of anything mentioning the word 'discount'.
Nevermind I'll just wait until next week when, hopefully, all will be revealed.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I have received my notification of my pending direct debit today and as in the case of Ashworth the £5 Home Phone Discount has not been applied.  The PlusNet email says:
This advance notice is to let you know that a payment of £25.31, for your
PlusNet Internet account will soon be taken, on or after 22/04/2008.

I calculate this is made up as follows:
BBYW Option 3                                    19.99
Referral discount                                    1.00 credit
4th Monthly discount on Broadband          5.00 credit
Home Phone                                          9.99
To bring billing period into line                  1.33
Total                                                  25.31
Could someone from PlusNet please help me out here.

As a side issue I have just risen from my bed in Alberta (7 hours behind you guys).  It's currently -10C and there is 15 cms of snow on the ground that has fallen in the past 24 hours and it's still snowing.  It's a total WhiteOut.
Not applicable

I too was told that you couldn't have two deductions running at once - I have an overlap of a couple of months with the BB and Homephone discounts.  Have checked open questions as advised above and discovered that discount for Homephone is to be added for 4 months (I am an Anytime user so it should be 6 months).
It is all rather confusing because I was charged less last month than I should have been so I thought that the discount had been added - not so it seems.
Although discounts are a welcome bonus, I would gladly give them up for a consistent  but slightly lower bill.
  Huh
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Poppy.  I'm hoping Mand, or some other PN staff member, can pick up on this on Monday.  I don't really want to raise a ticket.  If the Home Phone Discount kicks in automatically after my Broadband Discount expires in two months time I'll be happy, but I need to have confirmation from PlusNet.
Surely their system can manage two discounts at the same time.
paulby
Grafter

The system can handle two lots of discount at the same time - I'm currently getting £10 off per month (£5 for BB and £5 for Home Phone).
When the Home Phone was set up I had 2 months of broadband discount to go so they essentially cancelled the remaining broadband discount and set up 2 months discount @ £10 with a note on my account to add 4 months of discount @£5 from May.
See screenshots! 

I think it's more of a case that the CSC reps concerned need "educating" rather than it can't be done Smiley
[Moderators Note by Daniel (Assos), Removed image "disc.jpg" as it contained the name of a CSC agent. The posting of CSC Agent names is not permitted as per the link:rules.]
Not applicable

Paul's description of his billing sounds the same as mine (I too have two months overlapping and a reference to the 4 months of discount) but I was unable to understand it.  My last bill was lower than it should have been but not  by the full amount of discount.  I think it would have been easier to add the Homephone discount at by the end of the broadband one. 
coastergrotto
Grafter

Quote from: PJ
Where's Mand when you need her?  Tongue

Hope she's back on Monday.