cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange dial tone.

pigsley

Strange dial tone.

Yesterday, I put the phone down on a cold caller. Since then, the dial tone on my phone is an intermittent "beep" rather than the continuous tone. The phone still appears to be working ok and I can receive and make calls. I tried all the online advice to make sure everything is ok. A line test was run and it said there was an internal fault. I checked everything over again, and still get this intermittent tone. I don't want to call out an engineer which may end up costing a lot seeing as how the phone appears to be working in all other respects other than a strange dial tone. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Strange dial tone.

They've left you a voice message....1571
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pigsley

Thanks for that strat. I don't particularly want to hear the message, but I'll call it to clear the line. Being a tight yorkshire git, will it cost anything?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

It shouldn't cost you anything to check the message.
If you'd prefer to just remove the call feature from the line moving forward you can do that Here Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet