cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping BT spam.

mgillespie
Grafter

Stopping BT spam.

Been an ex-BT customer for 6 months now, using PlusTalk, and very happy, however I am concerned that BT continue to send me spam in the snailmail, on a almost weekly basis, despite me phoning them on 4 occasions and asking to be removed from their mailing list.
Has anyone successfully managed it?  This crap is one of the reasons I left BT, they simply don't listen to their customers.
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Stopping BT spam.

It wasn't by any chance a spam for their credit card?
http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=7407&tstart=0
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

We're still getting begging letters from BT too, having left them for PlusNet Home Phone at the end of March. As we have no intention to return to BT I just ignore them!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I think I've had 2 mailing from the since I left in July.  It sounds like I'm lucky!  What's the betting there'll be something from them when I get home tongiht!  Cry
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I haven't had a single one (touch wood!). Mind you, are you guys registered with the Mailing Preference service? That may help. At least after a while you could report them if they don't desist after you tell them to b.... off.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, registered with Mail Preference as well as Telephone Preference. Don't mind them sending the junk mail TBH. More stuff to stick in the recycling bin, that's all!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
mal0z
Grafter

Put the letter in an envelope addressed to the return address, and accidentally forget to put a stamp on  Wink
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Write  "Remove me from your mailing list" on the letter first. Sign and date it.
Recycling bin not good at the moment - no one wants to buy - recyclers losing money. If you live in the sticks, use instead of sticks on your fire. (Pun intended, sorry). Crazy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

or shred it and put in compost.

one of the worst offenders is the post office.  they take no notice of the mail preference service - and they get paid to deliver unaddressed junk mail
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: pierre_pierre
the post office.  they take no notice of the mail preference service

They are DEFINITELY supposed to, but seeing the way they are organised for it I can't see how they'd do it.