cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still don't have my phone with Plusnet after nearly three months.

emtee
Grafter

Still don't have my phone with Plusnet after nearly three months.

Back before Christmas I ordered an update of my broadband to fibre, and I included the phone contract.
After a lot of issues, I did get the fibre, but the phone couldn't be included because of the way the ordering system works. I was told that they couldn't be done together, but was assured that the phone would be done within 10 days of the fibre going live.
But nothing has happened, and I'm still being billed by Sky.
What's going on?
15 REPLIES 15
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Still don't have my phone with Plusnet after nearly three months.

Hi emtee,
I'm really sorry to hear that your phone wasn't transferred when it should've been. Unfortunately I won't be able to check on your account until Monday morning but I would be more than happy to take a look first thing that morning if you'd like? If you would like this looked into any earlier then you would have to call our Support team on 0800 432 0200.
emtee
Grafter

Monday morning would be fine, thanks.
And, as originally requested, can you please ensure that CLI is included (I rely on that) and 1571 is disabled.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi emtee,
That's been submitted for you and the phone is due to be transferred over on 31/03/2014. I'm sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused. I can confirm that Voicemail has not been requested to be on the line and that we're transferring the line to retain your current phone number on it.
emtee
Grafter

Thanks - same number and no voicemail is good - but can I confirm that CLI will be retained on transfer (I do not want to be without it while waiting for a separate order to be placed).

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi emtee,
As confirmed on the ticket, the transfer order has been placed to retain your current phone number on the line.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Linn K,
The OP has twice requested confirmation that CLI (Caller Display) will be retained on transfer, you don't seem to have answered that particular point.  Huh
@emtee,
Sometimes, even when ordered correctly by the provider, Caller Display seems to get dropped off a line by BT Wholesale/Openreach during transfer - the 'good news' is that, if this happens, it can usually be re-enabled very quickly.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi emtee,
I'm sorry, I understood your request as retaining CLI as being retaining your phone number.
Caller Display has not been requested, however, this can be added when your phone line transfer completes and it should activate the same day. It may leave you without it for up to 24 hours. Caller Display comes at a cost of £0.99 per month, if you're happy for this to be added then I can arrange for this? Alternatively, I can cancel the phone order going through now and re-submit it to have Caller Display on it already when you transfer, however, this would delay the transfer date.
Please advise how you would like for me to proceed.
Sorry for any confusion.
emtee
Grafter

CLI (which seems to have become known as "Caller Display") and phone number are rather different things!
I had asked for CLI when I placed the original order back in December.
This whole order (including the migration to FTTC) seems to have been shambolic from the very outset, and the PlusNet experience compares very badly indeed with the experiences of many neighbours and friends who migrated to FTTC at the same time (and who don't get charged for CLI!)
I don't want a break in CLI, so please cancel and re-order.
Oh - and in case it has also got lost in the system - I want to pay my line rental annually.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi emtee,
As requested I have cancelled the order we had in place to transfer your phone over so that we can re-submit the order with Caller Display on the line. 
If you wish to pay for the line rental annually then please log on to your account through the member centre and choose to add phone to your account and choose Line Rental Saver to make the payment for this and agree to the contract. Also make sure you choose the package you wish to have and also make sure that you ticket that you want Caller Display as a feature on the line. Once this is done please let me know so I can check on the account to ensure this has been added correctly.
I'm sorry for any confusion and inconvenience caused.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just FYI, 'CLI' is used across industry as meaning the telephone number of your own line. I've never seen it used outside these forums to mean 'caller display'. I'm sure that it has been used in the past to mean this, but maintaining it's use in this manner causes confusion, as seen in this thread 😕
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

For a lot of ordinary users 'CLI' is often understood to mean 'Caller Line Identification' (taken to be the same as caller display), as opposed to 'Caller Line Identity' (the actual number of the line), also commonly used / mis-used are CLID and CLIP ('Caller Line Identity Display' and 'Caller Line Identity Presentation').
It's fair to say that 'CLI' is a rather ambiguous term on its own (if only because of different understandings of the term).  If a customer asks for CLI then, perhaps, further questions should be asked?  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
emtee
Grafter

Quote from: 77
For a lot of ordinary users 'CLI' is often understood to mean 'Caller Line Identification' (taken to be the same as caller display)

Even BT's own documentation refers to "caller display" as "CLI".
I've worked alongside the telecoms industry for 40+ years (and took part in the early trials of CLI)  and, until now, I have never met anyone be confused over the use of "CLI".

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Wikipedia agrees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Strat, Wikipedia agrees with who?  I couldn't see any mention of CLI (on its own) in there, just CLIP and CLID.
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.