Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Unable to renew LRS

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Still Unable to renew LRS

Given the new charges coming in, and since I am tied to a 2 year contract (I know I can get out but I also have YV and don't want to lose it) I am looking at renewing my LRS.

After the c**k ups on my account last July when I added YV, and lost my LRS thanks to the agent, I have been unable to renew the LRS, it just says you cannot renew online, please call. Well I ain't waiting in a 60 min queue again just to pay you money. I tried contacting you via the chat but they couldn't do it either.

So can someone from PN pick this up and FIX my phone account so I KEEP my FREE E&W calls and get to renew the LRS before the price goes up.

11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Still Unable to renew LRS

I am sorry to hear you are unable to pay LRS online. It looks like your legacy evening and weekends plan isn't compatible with LRS over the Member Centre. We can get round this over the phone. There's currently no call queue.

Having said this, I'll be happy to give you a call?

Let me know by private message of the best time, after 4pm, and the best contact number.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I will not be renewing it just now, as I have just paid for another months line rental.
Why can I not renew it on-line ? I was renewing it until last July when my account got fubared. Since then it has not allowed me to renew.

As I say I don't want to loose my FREE E&W not that I make any calls but it is handy if I do need to. Can't remember the name of the person who re-instated my lrs back in Aug but it looks like they made an mistake on the setting since I was not able to renew it in Sept there is a message on this board about it that was NEVER answered!.

Edit: can't find the message, but I DID post it here last Sept.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll investigate this for you tomorrow.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thank you for your patience, I've reviewed your account and discussed this with Harry. I would like to sincerely apologise for the problems you've been through last year and as a result unable to renew LRS online.

Appreciate the frustration this causes, but it's something we won't be able to fix if you stay on your current call package. If you let me know once you're ready to pay LRS if you do choose to pay it, I'll happily call you back to arrange this.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

I don't mind changing call package, as long as I get the same as I am on at the moment for the same money. IF however you cannot do this then I feel I will have to raise a complaint about this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am sorry to hear you feel you would like to raise a complaint. I appreciate the frustration however because of the events that have happened, the problem that your unable to renew LRS online with your free E&W call plan cannot be undone.

We can get round this via our internal systems, so it would need to be paid over the phone.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

As I said I would raise a complaint if I was forced to pay for anything I am getting now for free, when it was NOT my fault.
IF I can get the same package at NO EXTRA COST TO ME, then fine no complaint.
If however I LOOSE the FREE E&W calls then I will be raising a complaint and NOT paying for LRS. Why should I loose out when it is PN'S FAULT I LOST IT? I have been with PN for many many years but if this is they way things are going then I will seriously look at migrating, BT has some nice cash back plans at the moment. OR Sky even (though I will never have their box).

I will contact you in 3 weeks time to get this sorted out one way or the other.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry, if you renew LRS over the phone you won't lose your free call plan.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

@galdalf can I arrange to pay for a new lrs keeping my current free E&WE calls now.

You can contact me after 2pm this afternoon or tomorrow the same. NB I have anonymous calls blocked.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sure thing.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone, I've created a ticket on your account following our conversation.

Anoush.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet