cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps required to port my landline away

Mac_Owens
Hooked

Steps required to port my landline away

My current PN contract is ending on 15th Aug and I have been looking at 'Full Fibre'. It turns out that to continue with PN I will lose my current phone number, I know that someone has successfully managed to port the number out but the process is not straightforward -so - I have decided to just let my current contract lapse.

On the 16th July I'll get my last bill which should be paid by the 23rd July. At this time my plan is to sign up with a VOIP provider and port my number away to them which will cause my broadband service to cease.

Do I need to inform PN of my intentions? I believe the VOIP provider will contact them to start moving the phone number and that should be enough notice.

I'm fully aware that my broadband will be ceased, once this is all sorted out I will find myself a new provider - as I will no longer be a PN customer and 'Full Fibre' won't be available to me unless I move away.

2 REPLIES 2
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Steps required to port my landline away

@Mac_Owens 

No knowledge of VOIP but from posts it appears Sipgate allow you to choose a date. Pick a date reasonably close to Aug 15 and then wait and see. Have an alternative for Internet lined up so you're not without a service for too long.

Are you aware you also lose PlusNet email.

By August may actually be offering Full Fibre to new customers!!!

Brian

Mac_Owens
Hooked

Re: Steps required to port my landline away

I have a router with an unlimited sim card in it, getting about 25Mb/s down and 20 up so I can live with that for a while.

Don't use PN email at all

I may be wrong but I feel I am being forced to move away - I'm not heartbroken about it

Thanks