cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spusu - Anybody heard of this network or tried it?

Robfm

Re: Spusu - Anybody heard of this network or tried it?

I recently changed from 1p as they were increasing their price for their cheapest sim deal and their boosters etc fluctuate in price. The switch was seamless. I am on android all messaging  whatsapp seems to work fine, I understand those looking for more features may be disappointed. AT £2,90/month for 2 years what's there not to like. 

Robfm

Forget to mention with 1p you have to deposit £10 every 90 days even though you have a positive balance.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

@Robfm I realize this is an older post but SPUSU at the price @Robfm  mentioned per month (if you have a Samsung or iphone!) sounds really good on pricing.

I`ve been with 02 on their older `Classic Pay as you Go` tariff which is no longer available to new customers since around 2017 and fully expect 02 to eventually cease this legacy offering due to them seeing it as a non-profit maker. Yet in my eyes, they would possibly be the only mobile provider actually offering low to medium users something the other big three providers don`t. That, it seems, isn`t important these days over profit margins. 🙄

This Classic PAYG tariff currently offers 3p per minute, 2p per text and 1p per MB of data, which I don`t use as I connect to my home WiFi for internet over my phone, which is currently a Samsung S9+ and being four/five years old now will need replacing. The phone was a gift second hand from my friend so cost me nothing, but reading about SPUSU has caught my attention. My phone does have WiFi calling, but alas, 02 PAYG customers can`t use it unless they are on a bundle or other contract. Just a caveat of being one of their lower use customers, I suspect. 

Edited to add: On the 1p Mobile thing, that put me off joining them at some stage also due to reducing the T&C`s on usage.