cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Offer

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: Special Offer

Just got the email about this offer today.
I signed up for Home Phone on the last day of Feb, so it's still in the process of being moved to PlusNet. I think I'll put in a ticket to see if I can be included in this offer. Too good to miss, esp as I'm already getting the 6 month discount for broadband!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: Mad
Just got the email about this offer today.
I signed up for Home Phone on the last day of Feb, so it's still in the process of being moved to PlusNet. I think I'll put in a ticket to see if I can be included in this offer. Too good to miss, esp as I'm already getting the 6 month discount for broadband!

You are entitled to the discount - you need to put in a ticket as this has to be done manually. Include the fact that you accept a 12 month contract.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Have just done so and was surprised after reading all the discussion here to find a page specially for signing up to this offer. Cheesy
Via the help wizard, http://www.plus.net/wizard/ , you click through to 'Home Phone & VoIP Sales' and then on the 'March 2008 Special Offer on Home Phone' link at the bottom. it tells you everything you need to know about applying for the offer! (Won't give actual url as it comes out VERY long after all the clicking through.)
nadger
Rising Star

They've  obviously got things organized since yesterday which was first day of offer.
For reference the actual page is here
godsell4
Rising Star

Have put in my ticket for this 24395671.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: bobboulby
For info the link to the ticket is Help & Support > Sales Enquiries > Home Phone & VoIP Sales > March 2008 Special Offer on Home Phone (I don't think James posted it).

If I log in normally to the Member Centre and click on the Special Offer or anything else related to this, there is no page that directs me to the that link to raise a ticket.
Has there been a message out to existing customers about this I have missed?
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
nadger
Rising Star

Just checked and link I posted just prior to your post  seems to work fine.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I had the mailing about the special offer overnight Friday/Saturday but there wasn't anything about it applying to existing customers. I'm currently in the process of being switched over to Home Phone and came here to see if it was possible - these Forums being the place you can find out best what's happening.
I only found the special page when I went to raise a ticket about it on Saturday morning (which hasn't yet been answered!). I don't think there's a link to it other than through the Help Assistant.
godsell4
Rising Star

Quote from: nadger
Just checked and link I posted just prior to your post  seems to work fine.

Yep, it works for sure, but if you started your web browser here it is not obvious how to get to the point you sent a link to ... Sad
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I agree with chillypenguin.
I'm disappointed with plusnet for using a short-term introductory-priced offer too.
If it's possible to charge less, then charge less overall: don't sign people up, then increase the price. 
Even if the terms are made clear initially (which they are by PlusNet, though not by other companies), it sends the message that the company concerned is more interested in new sign-ups than the service for existing customers. 
It also makes it much more difficult to compare like with like when trying to decide what package & company to go with.
Martin.
Quote from: chillypenguin
Sorry PlusNet but you disappoint me  Cry
nadger
Rising Star

Quote from: snozboz

I'm disappointed with plusnet for using a short-term introductory-priced offer too.
If it's possible to charge less, then charge less overall: don't sign people up, then increase the price. 

Martin.

People have a choice - they can accept the offer, and to stay 12 months, or go on a normal monthly contract.
I'm not opposed to "retention contracts" provided there's a financial reward involved.
bobboulby
Grafter

Please could someone give my ticket (#24383203) a nudge. It's been open since last Friday evening.
Bob
bobboulby
Grafter

My ticket has been answered (thanks) but now I'm confused Huh
I also got an e-mail saying
We're emailing you to confirm that, as a goodwill gesture, we've set up a
special monthly discount for your broadband subscription.
Details
-------
Your monthly discount is: £5.00
You'll receive this until: 2008-05-18

(Note: If you decide to leave PlusNet you won't need to pay back the
monthly discounts we've given you).

Is this the Home Phone discount or have I been given an additional discount on my Broadband? If it is the Home Phone discount then I don't understand the "you won't need to pay back the monthly discounts we've given you" bit in the e-mail.
Bob
paulby
Grafter

It's the Home Phone discount.  (The broadband discount had the same wording though!)
you won't need to pay back the monthly discounts we've given you

It's just as it says - if you take your phone back to BT (or anyone else) you'll only have to pay what's left of your year's contract - you won't be asked to pay back the discount.
e.g. If you're on Anytime+ and leave 8 months into your 12 month contract you'd have to pay your remaining subscription (4 x £15 =£60) but you wouldn't have to hand back the £30 discount you'd received for the first six months.
nadger
Rising Star

That's the way the discount is being handled manually - I have a similar email.
As you'll be paying Home Phone & Broadband by same DD the end result will be the same.