cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls and call protect

nixy
Dabbler

Spam calls and call protect

I new to Plusnet and the very day my phone was connected I started getting spam callers. I haven’t given my number to anyone at all as I only use my mobile and haven’t answered my home phone. Is it correct I can only add calls to a block list by answering the call first then doing it through the phone handset?
5 REPLIES 5
blairjones
Hooked

Re: Spam calls and call protect

No.
Another option allows you to key in and block any number (eg: from a call you haven't answered).
I usually ignore all unknown numbers and after checking them out with Google, I add problem numbers to my blocked list.
Blocking has been wonderful. I rarely get problem calls now.

nixy
Dabbler

Can you tell me how to do this? I’ve been going round and round in circles on my iPad but can’t find a way of doing it.
Thanks.
blairjones
Hooked

Number of options you have to go through to add numbers is a pain, but it's straight forward enough.

Ring 1572 then select options, 4, 2, and 2 again.

Then key in problem number followed by hash key (#). Number is then read back to you for you to confirm it.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @nixy

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an influx of spam callers. You can check if you have Plusnet Call Protect here.  If you are unsure how to use this service or any phone feature we supply, you can use the guides located here.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
nixy
Dabbler

Very helpful thank you.