cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some home phone questions:

thehatman
Grafter

Some home phone questions:

I'm on Home Phone Anytime.  I use some of the free minutes but barely make paid for calls.
With the new £10.95 line rental, four questions:
1) I should still be entitled to my agreed 240 free minutes, yes?
2) What are the new customer service numbers that are to be included in the free minutes?
3) What is the cut off time for free calls, 50 minutes or one hour?
4) If I don't want voicemail, will it set itself up automatically?
5) Are there any numbers/prefixes that were free that will no longer be free?
Thankyou.
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Some home phone questions:

1) If you are going to the new packets, initially they put you  on the anytime +, you then have to prompt JameseH to put you back onto the old anytime 240, it is not automatic.
2) I think they are the existing 0845 numbers, but dont come in til mid May
3) the cut off time is 59 mins
4) voice mail is a requested extra
5) you still get 01,02,03 and 0800, 0500 - not sure if any other like 0801
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
1) If you are going to the new packets, initially they put you  on the anytime +, you then have to prompt JameseH to put you back onto the old anytime 240, it is not automatic.

That's what has happened in the past but Jameseh has said that what SHOULD happen now is that people should be initially moved on to Homephone Evenings & Weekends.
With Anytime are calls to support on 0845 free or treated as normal calls (i.e. time deducted from the free 240 minutes)? If the latter then calls to support could incur costs for people who use more than their 240 "free" minutes.
paulby
Grafter

I'm on Home Phone Anytime.  I use some of the free minutes but barely make paid for calls.
With the new £10.95 line rental, four questions:
1) I should still be entitled to my agreed 240 free minutes, yes?

To answer the OP's question (he's not changing product):
From here:
I’m an Anytime customer, how am I affected?
Your package price will increase to £10.95 and the new call tariff will apply. You’ll also get the free calls to support, free Voicemail and reduced caller display price. Your current 240 mins of anytime calls will remain the same.

In other words you'll keep your 240 minutes but calls outwith* the bundle will be charged at the new rates.
@alanf
The answer in the FAQ would suggest that free support calls do not come out of your bundled minutes or become chargeable once your minutes are used.

*Just realised I've used a word not often understood "down south" -  outwith = outside of
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and for those of us who live South of the great divide outwith=outside   Cool Cool
thehatman
Grafter

Thanks everyone. Very helpful. Also, not heard "outwith" before, so that is interesting as well. I like hearing new words.
So, to recap,  my 240 anytime product won't change and I won't have to do anything. Is that right? But the price is going up by £1.30.
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: thehatman
So, to recap,  my 240 anytime product won't change and I won't have to do anything. Is that right? But the price is going up by £1.30.

That about sums it up Smiley
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
*Just realised I've used a word not often understood "down south" -  outwith = outside of

I'm from the North and I did'nt understand! Huh
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but are you North of Hadrian Wall Grin Grin
paulby
Grafter

It's not unusual up here in Scotland - even the Scotsman Newspaper uses it. See also this page.
Anyway, we've drifted "outwith" the topic for discussion in this thread so we'd better not go any further  Smiley