cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So no more included free evening and weekend calls?

ricke17
Grafter

So no more included free evening and weekend calls?

Hmmm, will this (http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/09/isp-plusnet-scraps-free-uk-calls-from-broadband-and-phone-bundles.html) affect current subscribers?
Rick
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
12 REPLIES 12
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: So no more included free evening and weekend calls?

It's been off for a while (with LRS), unless you have it as pre-existing new customers don't get it.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hairy McBiker is right. Have a feeling that the story may have been sourced from this thread, though I could be incorrect.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

So, will existing customers not renewing LRS return to the free calls bundle included in their package ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, that'll be the case. Bear in mind though that if at any point you change phone or broadband package, it would change. It's basically a legacy product.
Matty
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Thanks Matty

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ad47uk
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Yes, that'll be the case. Bear in mind though that if at any point you change phone or broadband package, it would change. It's basically a legacy product.
Matty

So plusnet have knocked uploads down to 2Mb/s and taken off free calls,, but you do not reduce the prices. pathetic, it really is,  Welcome to rip off Britain again.
I knew I made a mistake coming to plusnet, should have stayed where I was,.
BRABUS
Grafter

...and where were you before that was so much better.  Let's us all know and I am sure we will leave in droves.
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: MattyC
Matty

In what universe does a change in broadband package mean a desired change in phone package?
Does changing a phone package also mean that a 40/10 or 40/20 broadband package will be changed to 40/2?
That's a rhetorical question, as I'm sure the answer is 'Yes'.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

My LRS is with BT. Hope that is still available from them at year end.
Let's be careful out there !
ad47uk
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS
...and where were you before that was so much better.  Let's us all know and I am sure we will leave in droves.

I do not remember putting it was so much better than plusnet, Plusnet is faster due to FTTC, even if that can be a bit hit and miss. i was with a local Wireless based service, no phone line required, which is why I have a VoIP phone and to be honest I have not used Plusnet phone service in the 5 months I have been with them.
But that is not the point, prices are going up and yet we are getting less.
The service I was on before, while the speed download was only 10Mb/s, upload was two, in the 3 years I was with them, they never increased the price. The only reason I left was because they was having a few problems and BT who was supplying their fibre was dragging their heels in connecting up more bandwidth. So the service I was getting was not up to the standard I needed.
Now from what I have heard they are up and running again and to be honest, I am thinking of going back once my contract is over with plusnet, depending on circumstances.
It was also cheaper than plusnet and now with the prices increase of line rental from plusnet, I am looking at least a fiver a month cheaper.
it may not suit everyone and being local, people will not be going in droves.

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Im currently on a fibre package of 38/20  includes free evening and weekend calls ,so does that mean when in jan I go to renew my LRS I will lose these free calls or will have to pay £3.00 for them , The difference has decreased each year between the LRS and the monthly payments
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@hooverman - You will not lose the packages, though note the more expensive LRS this year.
Matty