cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So..how much cheaper?

sassy62
Grafter

So..how much cheaper?

I have BT evenings and weekends at the moment...can someone from PN sales tell me how much I will be saving by transfering to PN?...I cant quite suss it out from the site into
We also have caller diplay..which I would like to keep.
Cheers
24 REPLIES 24
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: So..how much cheaper?

From my investigation it would be DEARER with pn  Roll_eyes
severedsolo
Grafter

its swings and roundabouts though.... if you have you're broadband with PN (whatever market price your on) it works out cheaper overall with PN than BT (albeit only by a couple of quid if your on market 1)
dick:quote
Not applicable

Take a look HERE for BT special offer which might be of interest to you.
In addition, you might get caller display free as part of the privacy at home package - conditions are that you make two chargeable calls per month.
Should you go for this, be prepared for a bit of a wrangle on the telephone as they sometimes don't know about it. Ask for the special offers department (they do or did have one).
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Take a look HERE for BT special offer which might be of interest to you.

Hi poppy, I didn't realise they had extended the offer to June this year. It also seems from recent correspondence from BT that the £1 off continues if you renew for a further 12 months.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Not applicable

Yes, it does roll over - I have recently had a letter to say that my contract is at an end and they will renew it on the same terms unless I cancel.
With £2 per month discount, paper-free billing discount and free caller display the cost this month is less than £16 for Anytime so won't be canceling.
sassy62
Grafter

Im surprised no one from sales has answered this.....
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
In addition, you might get caller display free as part of the privacy at home package - conditions are that you make two chargeable calls per month.

I believe the conditions are that you make calls not that they are chargeable. What if you are on a fully inclusive package, does BT expect you to make calls to mobiles just to keep caller display free?
Not applicable

No, they are definitely chargeable calls that are required. I was advised by the lady from BT to dial a four digit number before the usual number a couple of times a month to make a chargeable call.
I can't locate the number just now and I haven't used it as I do tend to make the odd short mobile call so that sorts things out.
itsme
Grafter

You are not thinking of the 1280 number? This number is used if you are using another provider to route the call through BT. The conditions are that you make calls through BT and there is no minimum charge so the cost can be 0p.
http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/consumer/btprivacy/faqs/index.html#faq10
12. Do I have to commit to a minimum call spend with BT?

No, there is a minimum charge per call depending on what BT option you are on. 
seanjudge
Dabbler

To answer your original question.
Our line rental is currently at $11.25 a month including evening and weekend calls to 01, 02, 03, 0870 and 0845 numbers. (60 min max call length)
Evening and weekends currently classed between 6pm and 6am Monday to Friday and any time at the weekend.
You also get 300 international minutes for use in your evening and weekend slot to 20 different countries (30 min max call length).
I hope this helps you in your decision as you can see by my sig I am not a sales agent but I can assure you I am trained in this area.
sassy62
Grafter

Many thanks Sean...I have only just picked this up...but I have actually spoken to your sales people...unfortunately they couldnt come up with a suitable package...massive shame for me as I dont want to leave...but talktalk are around 11-12 quid cheaper per month ...so its time to move on...
Not applicable

Good luck with TalkTalk - I hope that everything goes smoothly.
Have had bad experiences with the company, as have many others.
As 18 months is a long time to be stuck with a company, before jumping ship you might
want to read THIS where in the thread about Plusnet's award Mick Finlay reports that he is glad to be back.
sassy62
Grafter

Sadly I think you may be right poppy...but £150 is £150 quid at the end of the day...Im not keen on the company..never have been and im aware of their postion in many ISP rankings..but its quite a saving.
18 months is indeed a long time...but a lot of people dont realise the full extent of the word contract..its a two way thing..and if they fail to deliver then they will be seen to breaking their side of it...I will be watching beleive me..plusnets service has been fualtless as far as im concerned...Im not expecting  the same from taltalk...so I wont be too let down if I dont get it..but if they give me the runaround then I will be off...contract or no contract.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Just joined TalkTalk myself peckham, So far so good with phone and BroadBand ( Take a look at my sig for the speeds i now recieve and at a fraction of the price) Also there forums are pretty good Wink
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.