cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky giving free anytime calls for all

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Sky giving free anytime calls for all

From this coming weekend sky are giving all their land-line customers free anytime calls whilst the current situation persists. I wonder if plusnet and other providers will follow, it would be a welcome bonus for those stuck indoors to be able to contact people without worrying about the cost. 

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Sky giving free anytime calls for all

A link to this Sky offer would be helpful.

The cost of landline calls is so outrageous these days I would expect that the majority of those who use a landline regularly would have a call package in place. This way you do not have to worry about the number or cost, only the penalty of running over an hour on a call. 

Mind you a £9 a month reduction would be nice but I'll not be holding my breath in anticipation!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Wouldn't know how to do a link, but it was in the press release from sky which also announced free sky go extra, extra mobile data and ability to pause sky sports subscription 

Many people have evening and weekend calls so they would get anytime calls, what would happen for those who already pay for that, I don't know. 

400ixl
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Link to the sky update is https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update/ and scroll down to the Sky Talk section. Or go to https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update/#section-12 and expand the Sky Talk section there.

SilverE
Grafter

I've just had the email on this - very fair of Sky: also pausing the Sports subscription. Let's see if Plusnet can manage the same.

400ixl
Hooked

They aren't "pausing" it in reality. They are allowing you to cancel it without incurring any termination fees. You will then restart it by re-contracting at whatever rate they decide to charge at that time. So if you are paying full rate then cancelling is an easy decision. If you have it at a discounted rate, there is no guarantee you will get it back at a discounted rate in the future.

400ixl
Hooked

Looks like they have sorted out their messaging and updated their staff.

You can now pause Sky Sports and it will automatically restart on the same conditions automatically when events start up again.

Lets see what BT Sport do along these lines now.