cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for home phone

morgan2476
Grafter

Signed up for home phone

I have signed up for home phone .  Do i need to contact BT to notify them of anything?
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Signed up for home phone

Hi morgan2476,
You may want to contact BT to let them know that you are leaving, just in case they have put you into any kind of contract recently. Also it is a good idea to have a chat with them just in case there are any outstanding balances that might need clearing before you leave them. Other than that, leave the rest to us Smiley
morgan2476
Grafter

When I contacted BT they stated that if I moved from BT and there was a fault that I would have to pay £130.00.  Because of this I declined to sign up for PN Home Phone.  Could someone clarify the position.  BT have offered me a new package, but I am not altogether happy with the situation
morgan2476
Grafter

What exactly is the relationship between Openreach and BT
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they are two separate companies in the BT Group as is BT Retail
PN get there service from an other BT Group member BT Wholesale and get no preferential treatment, all ISP's are treated the same
That £130 is a red herring. if you get a fault on the line - if it is phone, you report that to PN and dont mention broadband, the will ask you to do some checks to make sure that the problem is not with your equipment.  Because if you call in BT and the fault is on your equipment you night get charged £100.  If you do the checks you wont get charged - PN have to warn you of this