cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should changing a call plan start a new contract?

chriss75

Should changing a call plan start a new contract?

I was out of contract and recently changed my call plan to unlimited UK and mobile calls. I've just noticed I have entered into a new 12 month contract! Is this correct? I was not advised that this would be the case!

14 REPLIES 14
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Should changing a call plan start a new contract?

No, it should not have started a new contract, it is one of the many quirks of the terrible billing system that affects some but not all customers. You will need forum staff to correct it.

chriss75

Thanks for your reply. Do I need to contact the forum staff directly? If so, how do I do that?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@chriss75 Welcome to the forum. 🙂

You may get lucky and get through on the phone.

If not, a passing Help Team staff member will see this post and respond.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
chriss75

Is there a Plusnet help team member that can help me with this please? I’ve been struggling to get through on the phone and the live chat is unavailable.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@MattyC @adamwalker This one seems to have slipped through the net.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@198kHz I don't think MattyC is PN staff any more

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@MisterW Now you mention it I think you're right.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @chriss75, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm afraid in order to correct and/or adjust contract details on your account you'd need to give our customer options team a call who should be able to help here.They are contactable directly on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@BD  surely this isn't a COT function. Its a system/billing fault, its erroneously started a new contract when it shouldn't.  This had been sorted by the social team in the past https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Contract-change-when-phone-plan-changed/m-p/1733885

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for highlighting the previous issue regarding this @MisterW as it's not one I or my colleagues in over the weekend have come across nor are we sure on who to speak to on getting this corrected. I figured the Customer Options Teams will have certainly seen more of these issues coming through than we have and therefor know which direction to take this to resolve if they can't make the necessary changed themselves. I've flagged this up to a colleague however who looked into the last one and we should hopefully get this corrected in the next day or 2. We'll be sure to get back in touch once this is resolved for you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@BD Ben, have a word with the wizard😀 I had the same problem with a family members account and he sorted it. It don't think it was possible to 'remove' the contract as such, so he changed the contract end date/length. In my case, like the OP, the account was out of contract, so he changed it to 1 day from the date he did the change.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@MisterW, that would have been my usual go to with an issue like this, however I'm afraid he's out of the office for the next few days so didn't want to prolong this getting resolved. Not to worry however as the colleague who fixed the issue you highlighted last month should be able to go through the same channel or advise me on how to go about resolving this one when they're in tomorrow. My apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime @chriss75.

chriss75

Good evening @BD
Do you have any update for me?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @chriss75, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I can confirm I've got the necessary amendments made with a colleague and although I can't confirm my actions on here I've updated a ticket with further information which can be seen here.

I hope this helps and if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please don't hesitate getting back in touch.