cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharp practice ? Not impressed

ogawd
Grafter

Sharp practice ? Not impressed

Decided to move phone from BT to Plusnet Talk E & WE. On date of the transfer (02/12/2010) I get email from Plusnet telling me of changes to the phone service i.e. line rental increase, tariff increase and other changes.
I could have cancelled the transfer before 4pm on 01/12/2010, but Plusnet don't inform me of the changes until 02/12/2010. 
I'm now thinking about going back to BT on their Line Rental Saver, or going elsewhere. 
13 REPLIES 13
ogawd
Grafter

Re: Sharp practice ? Not impressed

I posted this topic in the Your Feedback sub forum, but it has been moved to Home Phone sub forum.
The Home Phone forum is stated to be about questions about landline services. The your Feedback forum is stated to be about feedback - something I like or don't like about Plusnet services etc.
Anyway, I see the Moderator has closed the topic in the Your Feedback forum and put a link to here, so I'm not complaining about this topic being moved.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your feedback on this matter.
We needed to give all our customers at least 30 days notice prior to the price change taking effect on the 4th of January which is why we sent out notifications when we did.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
AndrewD
Grafter

I'm in a similar position having decided to go with plunet phone evening and weekend. This was based on the offering in place at sign up. Now within 4 weeks of commencement, the price goes up, the international calls removed and commencement time moved an hour later to 7 pm. I am extremely unimpressed by the extent of these stealth changes.
I signed on contract on the basis of the current offering and charges which has now been significantly changed detrimentally. Will Plusnet be releasing customers from contract in these circumstances? Sad
AndrewD
jlo55555

I am completely hacked off by this price rise but more importantly by the change of off peak from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. This was the only reason I changed to Plusnet in the first place and advised my daughter to go with Plusnet when she recently moved. I know that Plusnet are owned by BT but are they really so timid that they can 't exercise a bit of authority when it comes to being told how to run their business?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We realise any increases in price is not going to be welcoming news for anyone in the slightest. Unfortunately this like this need to happen from time to time to meet both changes within the market and our operating costs amongst other things.
We also realise that there is no good way of timing the way we break news like this but we do always provide 30 days notice and the opportunity to cancel straight away should the change be detrimental.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffyb36
Grafter

I am extremely unimpressed by the extent of these stealth changes.

Stealth? you've been made aware over 30 days in advance lol
I think this is an issue of timing more than anything, the prices were to go up regardless just unlucky for you they did as you signed up, it's always going to happen to someone unless Pnet refuse to take orders until the changes come into effect.....which is obviously not going to happen. I fail to see anything stealthy or underhanded here.
AndrewD
Grafter

I stand by my original post. An expected rise would be a 2.5% rise from 4 Jan which I would happily pay. The extent of the changes notified go way beyond that and make the product far less attractive for me. Hence why I asked about breaking contracts.
AndrewD
jlo55555

I think your missing the point Adam - it's not so much the price increase more about the change in times from 6p.m. to 7 p.m. and the removal of the 300 minutes to call overseas.
melmo

cannot believe that plusnet are taking away free overseas calls. My partner's family live abroad, it's the only reason we went for plusnet. gutted. Couldn't they just reduce number of free minutes?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

jlo55555,
I'm not missing the point, trust me. I have given feedback to directors that in my personal opinion this is too much strain to place on our customers all at once.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I think its sharp ,  price rises can be accepted just one of those things, but then to remove two key features (probably the main reason a lot of customer choose PN for home phone ) from your package is just crazy to me. As your eve and weekend package no longer has a USP
Quote from: melmo
cannot believe that plusnet are taking away free overseas calls. My partner's family live abroad, it's the only reason we went for plusnet. gutted. Couldn't they just reduce number of free minutes?
Quote from: jlo55555
I think your missing the point Adam - it's not so much the price increase more about the change in times from 6p.m. to 7 p.m. and the removal of the 300 minutes to call overseas.

If you are in need of the international calls and 6pm to 6am, there are other phone providers that still do 6pm to 6am and top 40 free international calls free at weekends as well as mobiles  Roll_eyes
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet home phone deals are beginning to look rather expensive when you start looking around at whats on offer especially when you start to look at all the other charges they have sneaked in above the 2.5% VAT increase.. Primus for instance is only £7.99 for evening and weekends. Day time calls only 3.0ppm  and no £1.50 rip off for paying by CC or DC. I'm looking very seriously at moving because I think PlusNet have done the dirty on their phone customers. The 2.5% VAT increase was unavoidable but to use this as a crafty way of increasing other prices above the VAT is a disgrace.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Not so!
Primus raised their prices about 3 months ago after a takeover. They now have a 10p Call Connection charge, £2-50 per month for Caller display and have raised their call tariff considerably.
I have just migrated from Primus to PlusNet.
p.s. And beware, Primus will (try to) charge you for breaking their Rolling 6 month or Annual contract.