cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severely disabled customer cannot report phone fault

thehazeyq

Severely disabled customer cannot report phone fault

I'm absolutely in tears. I need my phone for emergencies as classed as severely disabled - there is no mobile signal here. I have been trying to report the fact my phone line is not working (callers can leave messages but cannot speak to me or me phone out). I have left a ticket but the feedback says it will be 36 hours before anyone even reads it! I emailed a friend to phone for me to report the fault but after 30 mins of no one answering they gave up. I am reading about other people waiting much longer. Thankfully internet still working (yes, I have checked with a different phone). I can see myself being without a phone over Christmas and a main part of my Xmas is being able to speak on the phone to loved ones, combine that with the unsafety of not being able to phone out in a medical emergency and I feel sick to my stomach.
I have been a plusnet customer for many years. They used to great but I have noticed them really dwreriorating. instead of advertising for new customers they should look after the ones they have. Great cheap offers were available to new customers while loyal people like myself have had to pay far too much for an increasingly bad service. I've had enough.  Cry
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Severely disabled customer cannot report phone fault

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear of the problems you've had. Leave this with me and I'll get someone to pick up the fault asap.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've performed a line test and there is a network fault showing so I've reported this through to Openreach. I've also replied to your ticket and one of my colleagues is chasing this up for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

We're going to raise a welfare case on this for you.  One of my guys will be in touch as soon as he can.
Is there a way we can easily contact you?
thehazeyq

Thank you. My email addy is <snip> and my professional carer is contactable on <snip> to pass on messages.
jim:green personal data removed but noted for staff moD:end
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll take a look to see how we can best get this information out.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Just checking up on this one now...
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We've had the phone fault confirmed as fixed as of this morning.  Sorry for the hassle and please get in contact if you still have any problems.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager