cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe Crackling on Landline

Sarah1955
Dabbler

Re: Severe Crackling on Landline

I have posted this on another thread this evening, but as this is a repeat of the above problem with an addition of a siren, ringing noise, there is a fault again on my line. It's a surprise as the engineer spent so much time and effort to correct the fault, but it's back!

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @Sarah1955

Thanks for your time today. As discussed, fault was raised to Openreach. You can view and answer to ticket on your account here

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

Sarah1955
Dabbler

Thank you Tizbor for your quick response, it is much appreciated.

Sarah.

Sarah1955
Dabbler

I had a text message from an Openreach engineer last night at 20.55 to tell me that he had my job, and would call before working on the task. I also spoke to customer services at 13.57 yesterday, to voice my concerns about not having any contact with regard to fixing the fault, and was told that it would most definitely be rectified by midnight last night, and not to worry. 

Now it is the weekend, I have no idea if and when the engineer is going to be working, I should be, but without a consistent landline connection will struggle. Without any idea of whether I need to be available or not this is going to be another day of waiting and getting more and more frustrated as well as losing rather a lot of money! 

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I would have thought in this day and age, with your landline fault (and I can understand to you how important it is to be fixed) that you could get calls from your landline number diverted from your physical line to your mobile.

Just as in interim measure, so you are not kept in limbo and you can make/recieve calls in the meantime. Stop Gap measure and all that. A temporary fix until it is properly solved.

Like most things in my life, I am probably wrong 🙂

EDIT: Forgot to say, that would have to be from their side and not yours.