cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service change - no way to contact PlusNet customer services!

timjenner
Grafter

Service change - no way to contact PlusNet customer services!

I can scarcely believe this, but there appears to be NO way to contact PlusNet at the moment!

I've been trying to remove the "unlimited calls" option from my account, if I try to do it online the price of my package inexplicably goes up once I've removed the £9/month option.  I tried calling PlusNet a couple of times last week and gave up after 40 minutes on hold.  Tried again today and, unbelievably, after going through all the menus you just get a recorded announcement telling you they can't take your call and it hangs up!  Same thing if selecting either "Customer Services" or "Billing enquiry".  The online chat doesn't work either, there's no email address listed and you can't create a case online.  😠

So the upshot of this is that the only way I might be able to reach someone at PlusNet is via this community forum!  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Tim

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Service change - no way to contact PlusNet customer services!

@timjenner 

The on line app to change / remove call plans etc., is known to ignore any discounts you have when displaying prices - it displays the standard prices for products. Therefore you should not be charged more for remaining productsafter you remove the call package. 

A Plusnet staffer should come along here and confirm that.

On the wider matter of having trouble contacting Plusnet, there are numerous posts on these forum criticising Plusnet's Customer Service options since they removed Live Chat and the ticketing system (apart from a very few topics) - the only ways are phone (if you are prepared to hang on for an answer), these forums (which should be patrolled by CS staff), or, if you use them, social media (Facebook and Twitter).

timjenner
Grafter

Thanks - would be good if someone is able to confirm that it'll all come good if I just remove the option online (i.e. the pricing will incorporate existing discounts).

I was prepared to sit on the phone on hold this morning and just carry on with some work while waiting, but that wasn't even an option - to paraphrase, the message was literally "We're doing our best but we can't talk to you.  Go away." followed by ending the call!  Sad

Cheers,
Tim 

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi there @timjenner, I can confirm @jgb is correct! Our system does not take into account discounts when removing/adding services as contracts are separate - but your contract discounts will still be taken into account if you use the online service to remove the call plan and your contract price will go down by £9 rather than up.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
timjenner
Grafter

Many thanks.  I've just changed my call plan to Line-only via the online system so fingers cross the bill will be correct when it comes through!

Cheers,
Tim