cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending & Recieving Text messages On House Phone

Minxymoo
Grafter

Sending & Recieving Text messages On House Phone

My house phone is able to send and receive text messages and with BT, this worked fine.  Since moving to plus net if, I receive a text message the phone rings and the message is spoken.  Any idea’s/suggestions? Wink
11 REPLIES 11
paulby
Grafter

Re: Sending & Recieving Text messages On House Phone

When I moved, I had to re-register the service.  All you should need to do is *send* a text from your phone!
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks I will try that.  Do you know off the top of your head how much we are charged for sending a text?
paulby
Grafter

I think it's 10p
Minxymoo
Grafter

Thanks  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
As Paul has said you need to send a text in order to receive texts. The cost is 10p per text sent and free to receive.
Minxymoo
Grafter

I've sent a text but now they are being received as both voice messages and text.  Sad
I never had any problems receiving when with BT.  Any ideas how I stop voice message as it's a bit annoying as phone rings.
paulby
Grafter

I've no idea TBH!  I don't have any problems with text messaging on PN (it's exactly the same system as BT retail use & provided by BT Wholesale).  May be worth raising as a fault?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You can turn off SMS to Voice by dialling 08005875252.

It will read out your telephone number and also advise of the current option selected.
The options are:

1) Any time
2) Watershed ( 09:00pm to 09:00am )
3) Standard ( 11:00pm to 07:00am )
4) Late Night ( 12:00am to 06:00am )
5) Off

The default option is 2) and changes will normally take effect within half an hour.
Minxymoo
Grafter

Hi Mand,
Thanks for that I have phoned and turned voive texts off.
Thanks again for your help.  Smiley
Mand
Grafter

No problem, happy to help. Smiley
hjstansfield

Having the same problem, and after spending ages on the phone to support (and drawing a blank), I found a website that suggested resetting the connection!
Simply send 'register' to '00000' from the landline, and the text service is reset.
From that moment on my texts arrived as they should, in text!!!
By the way, the support and customer service staff I spoke to knew nothing about this or the charges. 
They initially didn't think it was supported, until I told them I had sent one! When I asked what the charge would be they said wait and see what your bill says!!!
A lovely lady in Customer Services said that I should dial 1571, and that would sort it out - Te He Crazy
My mistake was to search for 'SMS', when I switched to searching for 'Text Messages' I found some info 🙂
Can I suggest that Plusnet create a general info page on sending and receiving SMS, oops I mean texts, from landlines.
Now all I have to do is get the SMS (Sorry Text message) unique inboxes to work.........
Thanks,
Joe.