cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Phone Line

tomduxbury

Secondary Phone Line

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the steps and costs required to set up a secondary phoneline with a second plusnet connection in my apartment?
I'm living with 2 friends and we all play games and use the internet quite a lot so I'd prefer to have my own line and not have to worry about someone using bandwidth.
I read that it costs £130 for a new phone line, and then I would just place an order from there using the new number, is that correct?
Is there anyway to go in contract and not pay for the initial setup? Also, would the internet be able to be activated simultaneously rather than waiting for the phone line and then starting the process of getting internet?
Thanks in advance Grin
6 REPLIES 6
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Secondary Phone Line

Plusnet charge 49.99 for a new phone line.  You don't say whether you have ADSL or FTTC - In my case I had a new line and FTTC installed at the same time (simultaneous provide) but this doesn't seem to be the case for all unfortunately.
tomduxbury

Ah sorry, it's for ADSL.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Will you be the account holder for the second line? If so I suggest giving Plusnet Sales a call on 0800 432 0080 (8am - 9pm Mon to Fri. 9am - 9pm Sat and Sun). Since it will be a new account it should qualify for the new customer offer "Unlimited broadband from £2.49 a month for the first 12 months then £9.99 a month when you take line rental - 12 month contract". Don't forget to give your existing account name as referrer.
Quoting from "Here's the legal bit" on the website
"Plusnet Line rental at £15.95 a month, which includes weekend calls or Line Rental Saver at £155.88 by paying for 12 months in advance (equivalent of £12.99 a month) which does not include any inclusive calls.
You may add any Plusnet call plan at an additional cost."
As pwatson mentioned "if you need a new phone line installed at your property there's a £49.99 installation charge".
David
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi tomduxbury,
pwatson has pretty much got it spot on.
If we rely on our automated systems then it will place the phone provide and the broadband shortly follows. However feel free to flag this up with me and I will cancel it in favour of placing a simultaneous order instead.
Pop me a message if you decide to sign up for a second line.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
radiotwo
Dabbler

Quote from: tomduxbury
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the steps and costs required to set up a secondary phoneline with a second plusnet connection in my apartment?
I'm living with 2 friends and we all play games and use the internet quite a lot so I'd prefer to have my own line and not have to worry about someone using bandwidth.
I read that it costs £130 for a new phone line, and then I would just place an order from there using the new number, is that correct?
Is there anyway to go in contract and not pay for the initial setup? Also, would the internet be able to be activated simultaneously rather than waiting for the phone line and then starting the process of getting internet?
Thanks in advance Grin

Why don't you get a Vonage line ? costs £60 for the year inc unlimited calls
hillyfields123
Grafter

It's not useful in this situation as all it does is use your current broadband as a VoIP line with a telephone number. The OP wants a second line for more bandwidth for gaming.