Scammers

FIXED
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Scammers

@ming,

I promise I'm not that I'm trying to sell a BT product - although it completely looks that way - the Call Guardian service screens calls as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure if the other services do but they might have a variation.

When you call someone that has it it asks you to say your name and why you're calling. The handset then asks you (as the owner of the line) if you want to take the call from that particular person. I believe you can add numbers to safe lists so it doesn't screen them. 

It's almost identical to the Google Call Screening service that's coming out on the Pixel 3 phones. 

ming
Grafter

Oh I see - that does sound ok. Good idea, I will look into that thanks.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I use a BT8600 which has TrueCall built in and I'm very satisfied with it as I now have very few spam calls with none getting through.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Deleted. I had not noticed that another page had opened. I was just repeating that already posted.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ming
Grafter

We are going to get one of these phones. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!

Lwio
Rising Star

Just had a recorded call today purporting to be from BT saying my IP address has been compromised, whatever that means and I should press 1 to talk to an engineer. Pretty sure it was attempted scam so I hung up.
The caller Id number was 01288526100
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Lwio 

Sorry to hear this - thanks for providing the number.

01288526100 is registered to Nodemax Limited. 

Nodemax Limited are a cloud based service provider - and (AFAIK) have nothing at all to do with BT. I very much doubt the company themselves are to blame for this, as it would be very easy to use a service like this for...less than genuine reasons shall we say?

I would suggest having a read through the advice above regarding our call protect service & 3rd party solutions to prevent scam calls getting through to you. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Thanks 

MoR