Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Voicemail messages to PC ?

chrisharkins1
Dabbler

Saving Voicemail messages to PC ?

Is there anyway i can save my voicemail messages onto my pc

I have 4 messages from my father , who passed away last month, and i would like to keep hold of them.

II had a great one on my mobile but Vodafone and their shoddy service lost it. I have been repeatedly relistening and saving the ones on my landline so i could listen to them.
But i am worried after Vodas muck up that i will lose these too
anything i can do or is holding a dictaphone up to the handset the only option ?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Saving Voicemail messages to PC ?

The best and most cost effective way of recording phone calls would be using an adaptor such as this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/play-and-record-telephone-recording-adaptor-30352
The phone would connect at one end and the other to the input on a dictaphone, tape recorder or I'd use the mic input on my PC and record them that way.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: chrisharkins1
Is there anyway i can save my voicemail messages onto my pc
I have 4 messages from my father , who passed away last month, and i would like to keep hold of them.

I assume, as you have posted here, that you are talking about messages stored on the Plusnet Home Phone voicemail system. Is this the standard free voicemail service, or the Voicemail Extra feature?
Some hosted voicemail systems, notably VoIP systems, do routinely offer the facility to email voicemail messages to you as .wav files. Whether this is a facility that the underlying provider of the Plusnet Home Phone service offers, I don't know, but it isn't part of the Plusnet offering. However, if it's a feature that the system is capable of offering, then, given the special circumstances of this request, I would like to think that someone in the Plusnet Digital Care team would contact their provider to enquire if it would be technically possible to extract these particular messages from the server on which they are stored & pass them over to you. It might not be possible, but at least you wouldn't lose then unnecessarily.
If a moderator or PUG member with the appropriate contacts reads this, maybe you could nudge the appropriate Plusnet staffer to carefully re-read the OP's post & see if anything can be done to preserve these voicemails, which do have significant value.
In the meantime, yes, I would go down the dictaphone route. At least you would have something. Grab them before they time out. You didn't say when they had been left, but I think they may time out after 30 days. Adam's solution would give you a better recording quality though.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi chrisharkins1,
FYI
[quote=user guide]Time limit
Saved messages will be automatically deleted
after 30 days.
Hope you get it sorted.
Jojo Smiley