cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same call showing twice

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Same call showing twice

Maybe it's just an initial glitch as we only went over to Home Phone on Thursday, but the first call made that day is now duplicated with a different cost - same number (0845....), same date, same time (approx 11.30 in the morning), same duration but the original version is 21p and the unconfirmed one 16p. (The 21p obviously includes the set-up fee and the other one not.)
Maybe this sort of thing happens all the time but as I'm new to Hone Phone I thought I would mention it.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Same call showing twice

has one of the entries got an exclamation mark,  initially all calls get that, it is an unconfirmed entry, then it gets confirmed and the unconfirmed entry should get dropped,  unconfirmed calls are never entered in the final bill  Wink
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, as I said, there is the confirmed call and then it's shown up again along with Sunday's calls as an unconfirmed call, which Sundays are showing as too (though, of course, they haven't a call charge next to them).
I'd call the mark next to it a cross (†) rather than an exclamation mark (!) but that's me splitting hairs!  Tongue
nadger
Rising Star

What I've found is that calls initially show as unconfirmed and don't include set-up fee.
They then change to confirmed and include set-up fee.
Personally I've not had this change create a duplicated call so possibly worthwhile querying if it continues to show.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

it sometimes happens if an entry is put in manually and not automatic, i.e on a change to the account
paulby
Grafter

@MadMoggies
As pierre_pierre has said, if it's the same call showing twice then the one with cross next to it will probably keep the cross and never be added to your bill.  I've had a few of these in the past and that's always been the case.  I think it's just something to do with the way the network reports the calls to PN.
If it does get charged though, I'd report it to Cutomer Services who'll probably sort it out fairly quickly.
(You are correct in your assumption about the price difference, the set-up charge only gets added when the call is confirmed.)
Edit: corrected spelling error
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes p_p, that ties in with my thinking, as it was the first call I made after the line was switched to Home Phone.
Nadger, if it's still duplicated when the calls that appeared yesterday are confirmed I'll put in a ticket in about it. I never saw the first one as unconfirmed. It was duplicated a couple of days after it first appeared.
Just saw your post Paul when I was about to post this. Nothing unusual then!
Thanks all.
Mand
Grafter

Yep, it doesn't sound like anything untoward, although I appreciate it can be confusing.
We do sometimes receive the odd duplicated record, but only one of these will get confirmed, and the second will never be charged for.