cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a line to my 5th floor flat

Sharon2424

Running a line to my 5th floor flat

In my new flat there was a phone line that has mysteriously disappeared after some renovation work.  I have ordered a new phone line from Plusnet.  The BT engineer who came said that there was a box on the ground floor but that he couldn't run a line from it to my flat but I have paid for a new phone line!  Who is responsible for running the line?  I have permission from the management company to run the cable internally.  Was the engineer just busy and not wanting to do a long job?

I am so frustrated. Advice, please!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Running a line to my 5th floor flat

@Sharon2424 

It's possible the engineer either wasn't "certified" to do the work or didn't have the right equipment. It sounds like a two person job.

Brian

Sharon2424

The details of my case are on file but the engineer who arrived didn't seem to know about them.  I suppose I should ring Plusnet up again and go through the job again?

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Sharon2424 

Try logging into your PlusNet account and see if there is an open ticket under either "My Order" or "View my Questions" - the heading may be different. If you're lucky a staff member will pick up the query here.

Brian

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Sadly yes I think.

From what you've said @Sharon2424 it just sounds like the engineer either didn't have access to the job notes or didn't bother reading them.

If it is a two person job, then they should have known about it beforehand. To save you wasting your time and theirs.